Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I love this day! for me halloween is all about dressing up, trunk-or-treating, then trick-or-treating, great pictures, my favorite uncle's birthday, the smell of pumkin spice candles, chili cooking on the stove for Frito Pie, black kettles full of halloween candy, my favorite fall colors everywhere, jack-o-lanterns lit on porches, streets full of families, flash lights and glow sticks, friends, family, chilly night air, hot chocolate and lots of FUN! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I have been dieing to blog but I have a problem.. We have our new computer but it is not hooked up to the Internet yet. We have a new camera too but it is not hooked up to the old computer (which is dieing!) At the moment the old computer is still the only Internet access we have... So I have all these things I want to blog about and all these pictures to share and no way to really share them. Everything should be up and running in the next few days, so be on the look out for many a catch-up post!

(soap box warning) Had to send Kolby and Rhett to school costume-less and treat-less this morning. GGGRRRRR! It is elementary school for Pete's sake! I do not like how all the fun seems to be draining out of our public schools with FMNV rules and limited party days. Yes they need to learn and have a non-distracting atmosphere that does not encourage obesity...But you only get so many Halloweens as a kids! Of course we will celebrate all things sweet and Fall-ish tonight so my kids will not miss out on much. Guess I just wish we could get more use out of those costumes! (stepping down now)

Hope everyone has a fun, safe, memory-filled, non-scary Halloween!

Here is what my little trick-ortreators will be wearing!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

I am sad about the limited parties as well. ESPECIALLY in kindergarten!

Thomas's teacher asked me to come take pictures of her class today. I was told that I could come, but I couldn't have anything in my hands except my camera, because if I had drinks or candy with me, it would be considered a party. Good grief!

HW said...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is FMNV? Is it Federal something, something, something?

Cause here, the little ones still get their Halloween parties. I know because my neighbor was just telling me yesterday that this is her first year to juggle two class parties on the same day. We even get Winter Holiday parties. It's not CHRISTMAS parties but still...

Hope all your little ones have fun.

SG said...

Foods of Minimal Nutritional Value are not allowed exsept for two or three designated days. 6I think it is a Texas policy but the schools can pick the days.

Jacinda said...

Yeah, our principal was apparently pretty strict on the "no parties" thing too. I did put together "Fall goodie bags" with the help of lots of donations from other students' parents. I brought them in the morning of the party in a big garbage bag so it wouldn't look like goodie bags. Of course, if the principal had seen me, I'm not sure what she would have thought about me bringing in a big stuffed garbage bag!

I've been looking back at some of your posts from when Ella Kate was born. Kolby is 8 1/2 years older, right? Just a little older than Gracie will be than our 3rd.........