Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Falling for Fall

Last night Troy Duncan on NEWS 8 said that Fall officially began yesterday at 11:30AM. How exciting!

I love FALL!
I love...
... when the morning air has a cool crispness to it.
... pumpkins and colored leaves.
... Fall festivals and dressing up for Halloween.
... football games on Friday nights when a sweater is needed.
... the end of 100 degree heat.
... orange, yellow, and brown spice colors
.
... the smell of bread in the oven.
... warm afternoons followed by cool nights.
... crystal clear true blue afternoon skies that fade to orange harvest sunsets
.
... a blanket, a cozy rocker and the October edition of Southern Living.
... hay bales, scarecrows, and pumpkin patches.

... candy corn, apples crisps, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin bread.
... taco soup, corn casserole, and homemade chili.
... the State Fair and Homecoming.
... the best holiday of the year, Thanksgiving!
... not giving presents, just being together and being thankful!
What do you love?
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!


5 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm just going to say AMEN to all of that....course I love Spring a lot too...and Winter.....pretty much all but Summer....yet I live in hot steamy Texas? It's nuts!

John Owens said...

AMEN. Fall is THE GREATEST season. I agree with all of those. Although, I must add to your Friday night football line, a post game trip to Krispy Kreme donuts with steam on the windows, hot chocolate, and the "hot donuts" sign flashing. Yeah, that's a winner right there.

Mae said...

I love...
warm sweaters.
needing gloves and a matching scarf.
raking leaves into a pile and jumping in.
combing leaves out of my hair for hours.
riding w/ the windows down and the sunroof open and singing at the top of my lungs ~ while not getting too hot or too cold.
potato soup w/ lots of ooey gooey cheese.
hot chocolate and s'mores by a bon fire.
hayrides and ghost stories and being scared.
snuggling to keep warm... or just because.
that Christmas is just around the corner (only 94 shopping days left!).
decorating everything in sight (tastefully of course!).
and last, but certainly not least...
not having to shave as often!!!
Happy Fall! :)

How about sharing that Taco Soup recipe? I need it badly, my mouth is watering at the thought!!!

Donna G said...

We must be on the same page today. I posted something very similar.

-I love the feeling of being young and having great anticipation.
-I think fall is more a time to "feel" in love than even spring.
- I love football
-I love playing with my kids in the leaves.(Of course, that is only a memory).
- I love taking drives with the windows down and the scenery just being breath-taking.
- I just love the fall!!

Susan - said...

I loved your post and I love Fall too. It is so very nice to be back in Arkansas where we have lots of trees to see the colors change on. There is a ridge I can see out my back door and it just makes my heart happy to look out there and see the beautiful colors.

Thanks for the reminder about Taco Soup, I am going to make some as soon as it gets cooler.