Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween 2006 Wrap-up

This was our little pumpkin's first Halloween. We had a great time! I think Halloween is really my favorite time of year ! The colors, the weather, the costumes, the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin spice...I even LOVE the color orange!! I just love all things FALL! Then you add cute pictures of kids in costume and fun family times...What could be better? Now if I could just get rid of some of this candy!
This Halloween, Jack ~of Jack in the Box fame~ came to stay with us! That Jack is really down to earth considering he is a fast food mogul. He's just an all around nice guy....and I had heard that he had a big head! :)
He went with me to a costume party last Saturday and then stuck around to take the kids trick-or-treating last night.
This year was also the first Halloween for our "Great Pumpkin" in the front yard. This was one of my "week after = 75% off" purchases from Target last year...I've been waiting all year to see if it would even work! And it did! Many a trick-or-treater stopped to get their picture in front of our pumpkin last night. It was a big night in the neighborhood for trick-or-treaters!

We had SO MANY trick-or-treaters! I started out with a huge kettle of candy and was down to a handful when we turned off our porch light at 7:45. We also did it to enjoy a big family dinner and birthday party for my Uncle Rick "doorbell" free. I hate it that I missed some kids but this year we seemed to have lots of grown-up kids...and they didn't even dress up. OH well... All the little trick-or-treators below were part of our celebration. These little cousins and friends always have so much fun together.



Even the babies seemed to have a great time. Here is Ella Kate hanging with Elvis and his cute sock hop side kick.

I think we wore the baby out! She almost wore her thumb out dozing off to nap today! Hope you all had a great Halloween!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You have a wonderful family!

mom23 said...

These are great pictures! And that last one of her asleep sucking her thumb needs to be framed!

Clarissa said...

I agree with Tracy. Maybe do it up in black & white or in sepia, faded around the edges ... a classic.

We did the giant inflatable light-up ghost in the front yard this year, something my mother found. It was suspended from a tree in the front yard. They loved it. And we had the blinking bat in a front window and I actually carved my first jack-o-lantern this year. Can you believe we've never done one before? I've always just had pumpkins sitting out. The kids really pressured me this time, and with all my experience preparing food this fall I was comfortable enough with a knife to do it. But pumpkin innerds are icky!
Happy fall!

Clarissa said...

BTW, it's nice to finally know what your husband looks like.

Susie said...

Oh no! Pumpkin innards aren't yucky. Roast the seeds and salt them--yummy!

ADORABLE pictures, SG. As always. Looks like y'all had a Happy Halloween! : )

Jacinda said...

I'm glad all of you had such fun!

Susan - said...

LOVE the thumb sucking picture! So sweet.

I gotta tell you, Halloween just does not get me excited. I love Thanksgiving, but Halloween? Ehh-not so much.

Amy S. Grant said...

I love the pictures. Especially the last one. I really miss that baby stage! It sounds like you all had a fun evening!