Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The things they say

Ok. Hello September! Can you believe it? Take a breath...

This blog is my place to write all those cute kid things down so I don't forget them. Lately (well for about the last year) I haven't been very good at that. SOOOO I'm going to start now with this post.

Ella Kate cracks me up about 200 times a day. The girls is just funny stuff.
Today she is starting back to Mother's Day Out and she and I both CAN NOT WAIT!

Yesterday we were at Home Depot having some paint mixed. She started talking to the paint mix man about pink being her color and "my Mom likes brown." (I was getting test samples of tan/taupe) As we were leaving, out of the blue Ella Kate waved and yelled back  "I won't be here tomorrow because I'm going to my school." The paint mix man and I got a kick out of that!

I was telling EK that she was going to have a new teacher this year for MDO "Oh that is so sad. Ms. Jerra is really going to miss me!"

Ella Kate is having fun telling us when we say a word "we don't say." For instance the other day I was driving to soccer and the water thermos tipped over, rolled across the van and started leaking when I made a turn. I said "Oh that stupid water bottle is leaking everywhere!"
"Mommy we don't say stupid."
"Sorry Ella Kate I should have said silly."
"No Mommy... we don't say silly. We say GREAT! That GREAT water bottle is leaking everywhere!" :)

Last night at the pizza place Ella Kate was getting her groove on in the booth and said very loudly "I'm shaking my booty, not my boobies. My boobies are too little. Mommy has boobies but we don't talk about boobies. We don't talk about anybody's boobies because it's not nice. Daddy do you talk about boobies?" OY!
I asked Rhett how school went the first day. "OK Mom I gonna tell you everything we did today but don't expect me to do that again this year."

Rhett on shopping with me in Ikea " I feel like I've been walking around inside HGTV for hours!"

Kolby on the neccessity of cell phones...
"What if I went with a friend out of town and we went to the mall and I got distracted and wandered off and then they forgot me cuz they aren't used to having another kid along and I got lost because I was still distracted and they went home to Waco without me. You would really want me to have a cell phone then. Right?"

You are STILL. NOT. GETTING. A. CELL. PHONE. Kolby Sue!

Happy Tuesday! 

1 comments:

Nellie said...

What a hoot!! I laughed out loud at the "boobies" story. I know that one of these days our Viv and your EK are going to meet at church camp or something, and then ... WATCH OUT WORLD!! Love that you posted all of this. It made me smile And I needed a smile. :)