Monday, November 01, 2010

Happy Fall



I will not lie. This has been a tough Fall for our family. Ella Kate's type I diabetes diagnoses on September 8th rocked our family's world.  Then in the middle of October I had my gall bladder removed. I either had or developed a pretty nasty urinary tract infection and ended up in the ER two days after surgery feeling the worst I can ever remember.  Later we found out I also had bacterium... bacteria in my blood which is not good. So after a tense 10 days of antibiotics I was finally well.  That afternoon I sprained my ankle and fractured a bone in my foot.  That night Kolby found out the hard way what carrying all you books in a bag on one shoulder can do and ended up at the medi-clinic with her Dad after her shoulder gave out during dance. DId i mention Rob is in the last semester of getting his MBA and working 60 hour weeks? OY! It has been one heck of a Fall. We are also trying to get used to the diabetes routine, but so far it changes everyday. I am beginning to think you just don't get used to it.

Of course it hasn't been all bad! Never is! We all appreciate each other and everyday a little more. We laugh a whole lot. And after getting rid of that gall bladder I am starting to feel like myself again! So there have been some very bright moments. For instance... How about those Rangers! No matter how they do in the World Series it has been a geeat ride watching them. Our Midway Panthers are undefeated and headed for the playoffs, Baylor has the best record in the big 12 South and Rhett's soccer team is so great this year! :)More later...not enought time to finish today! :)







1 comments:

Donna G said...

I sure hope things start looking up for you guys. Sounds like you all have a great attitude! I know you will lick this too!