Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We have a problem?

Yes! I have a new network card installed on the computer and it might work just fine. I however do not know because the installation disk was faulty and does not have the correct drivers for my Windows. Sigh.... Maybe all this is a sign?

In the mean time... my house is cleaner than it has been in a long time, I have considered scrapbooking again, I actually read the paper this morning, I went TO the Childrens Place actual store to see if they had a good sale, and I have started reading a book... a real book with pages that turn instead of scroll. Life with out internet...who knew??? :)

I sure do miss all of you. I had to call Elizabeth today to make sure that all my blog friends survived the storm... Can you believe how bad it is? Without the computer to bring me my info, I have started watching the news again. Two observations ... First, commercials are more annoying than I ever remember. Second, there is a reason our local news people are still local! OH MY!

Hopefully the computer problems will soon be over and I can return to my beloved net! But really is this sabatical from the net a problem? I can't complain about an old computer or a downed internet when so many in LA, AL and MS have lost so much.

I can't imagine what it will take to rebuild all the homes and businesses destroyed in the storm, let alone all the shattered lives. Is re-building even possible? I know of a family at Spring Valley who will soon have seven additional people living under their roof. Storm evacuees. They have no idea how long they will be here... but they are enrolling their kids in our school. It is going to be a long time before all these people have a safe place of their own again. Seems so unfair that some have so much while some have lost everything. My heart and prayers go out to all of Katrinas victims.

Rob and I were married nine years ago today.... I would tell you all about it, but I did that last year! So I'll just say Happy Anniversary Honey! I am married to a great guy! :) Be back in blog land as soon as possible. I have to say it is really nice to be missed! :)

P.S. My parents computer will not let the spell checker pop-up so you can all just appreciate my disgraphia for what it is! :)

1 comments:

MDM said...

Hope you are back on-line soon. I was off for 2 weeks, which was not the worst thing. Um, er, yes it was. I feel kinda sad not even seeing photos of your kids starting school...:(