Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It begins

The baby is four weeks old today. It doesn't seem possible that she has been here that long, but then again I can't imagine not having her! Life with three kids so far is about like I thought. More laundry, less time, but oh so much more love! My favorite thing to do these days is just to sit and look at the baby! She looks a little different every time I see her. It feels like my EK viewing hours are numbered though...

With school starting two weeks from today (OUCH!) IT begins! IT being that hectic paced life that has us living event to event, barely having time to come up for air. Tis the season! Yes, it has already started. I am working on a pretty big project at church and there are some things I need to do for school/PTA this week.

As I type I am preparing to paint a ten foot birthday cake to hang in the cafeteria! It's our little elementary school's twentith annivesary. I talked everyone into a big 20th year celebration last year for this year. Now I feel very compelled to help throw this big party, since it was sort of my idea. I bring these things on myself, I know! But I love this kind of thing! It is taking all my self control not to do more than paint the birthday cake! Well, self control and the fact that it is harder to "get things done" these days. This is my third baby, you would think I would not be surprised by that!

In addition to IT starting, Kolby has outgrown all of her clothes and shoes. SERIOUSLY, EVERYTHING! Even her shorts are now too short for school. Kolby didn't grow all that much from age 5 to age 8...but since February the girl has been growing like a weed! We have skipped entire shoe sizes and skimmed through some dresses sizes so fast that she might as well have skipped them. Kolby has been really upset that so many of her favorite clothes don't fit anymore. She has just gotten by this summer, but we won't be able to make dress code with 95% of what is in her closet. It's times like this that I really wish we went to a school that had mandatory uniforms! Bottom line, I need to do some serious shopping for my growing girl...and who knows how Ella Kate will fair with shopping. Everyday is a new adventure.

That's all the time I have for now. Just wanted to check in! : )

6 comments:

Jacinda said...

School starts for Gracie on the 14th; it hardly seems real that it's so soon! I'll be busy doing "PTA duty" at registration a week from today!

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride this year. I'm sure Ella Kate will enjoy all the activity!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

It must be something about girls and age 8. My daughter is 8 and about Feb. she started growing like crazy too. I bought her a dress two weeks before Easter and it was almost too small to wear on the big day. I have bought new tennis shoes only to have her complain they hurt her feet within just a few weeks. I hope this ends soon and she levels out before we go into the poor house buying new clothes.
I bet the baby does fine, put her in the stroller and she will probably sleep like the princess she is (at least until she gets hungry!)

Clarissa said...

Yes! You know Julianne's 8. Her feet have gone from size 2.5 to size 4 in about 3 months. I seriously did not know feet could grow that fast. And all 6x clothes are left behind forever, as well as many of the 7/8 clothes. 10/12, here we come/are! (Depending on how it's cut.) There are worse problems, though!

Karen said...

I took my 14yo daughter shopping for school clothes... $350 later... OUCH. Makes me so glad the rest of the kids are homeschooled. They can stay in their PJs if they want to!

Amy S. Grant said...

IT has already happened here. With three girls and two part-time jobs I'm having to keep a pretty detailed list!

Can't wait to see the birthday cake - good luck!

Susie said...

How sweet it is to have a baby in the house. You're so blessed! : )

We started school last Monday. And you're right. IT has begun. We've already been to 1 school orientation (Madeline's 2nd grade one), and we've got two more to do (Daniel's laptop orientation and Madeline's baton twirling orientation). That and working 66 hours this past week, I'm lucky I still know who I am!
; )