Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"My little Doll" or..."Birth of a Bow Head"


Posted by Picasa You Decide!
I held out as long as I could. EK was three months and 4 days old before she wore her first bow. All it took was three people in one afternoon saying what a pretty little "BOY"! So I broke out the bows! Now there is no mistaking!

You know I never really played with baby dolls growing up. I never really got into the whole dress up thing. But now, with my real babies... I am having a blast! Kolby quit wearing bows last year. Just didn't want to do it anymore. I was a bit sad to be honest. So now little EK inherits the big bow drawer..and I get to play real live dress-up for at least seven more years! :)

EK laughed a big belly laugh for the first time the other day. I can't imagine, this side of heaven, a more delightful sound than baby laughter. So sweet, so precious! Wish I could bottle it! We are all cherishing every minute with this baby girl!

7 comments:

Susan - said...

You were not kidding, those are big bows! What a cutie.

Donna G said...

My little girls are a little slow with the hair thing too. I finally found them some bows the other day....I don't have any THAT big yet....

mom23 said...

If ya want more I have a bunch I can give to you. Shayla refuses to wear them. And the girl needs help with all that hair!!

Jacinda said...

People always look at me strange when I tell them one of the "rules" while pledging Siggies was that we couldn't wear bows!

Gracie wears tons of bows now; Katie doesn't as much but we sure do have our fair share of them!

jettybetty said...

I love bows--and those are big ones! She looks too cute in them though!

Susie said...

How precious! My little girl has just recently decided that she doesn't want her hair fixed--and she has waist length blond hair--so fun to fix! So sad. But your little girl sure does look adorable with those bows!

LOL--I had a bald baby girl too. It was close to a year before I had enough hair to put in a bow. And people would think she was a boy even in pink! We pierced her ears. : )

Amy S. Grant said...

Precious, precious pictures! Baby EK has grown so much! I love the pics from the last post too, and I recognized Thomas. Isn't blogging cool, to know two families on the same team who I've never even met! :)