Thursday, December 18, 2008

39

It sounds so much older than 38! And so much older than I feel! But here I am. 39.
This may be the last year I admit to my age openly!
I have been sick and still am, so I haven't thought much about today. But as I sit here now reflecting on this birthday, my favorite new-to-me Christmas song keeps playing in my head. (If you have your volume up, you're hearing it now too.) It's called "Thankful" by Josh Groban.

Some days we forget
To look around us
Some days we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.

So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.

How do I feel today?
Thankful for all that my life has been.
Challenged by what all I want my life to be.
Cherished by a loving God who is especially fond of me.
Loved by my sweet family and friends.
Hopeful for what lies ahead.
And Ready.
Ready for this 39th year of life and all it has in store for me!

Just 7 more days bloggies.... Have a great one for me!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! This is your 40th year of life! Just had to throw that in! ;)

SG said...

Elizabeth,
Even though you are right, that comment was so wrong! :(
40th year, YIKES!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

40 rocks! Seriously, how am I not still 25? It's all in the mind.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that comment was Carrie. Ok, so some things slip away at 40, like forgetting to sign notes!