Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ready for a New Year

I don't know why but for some reason I'm almost happy to see Christmas 2008 go, almost in that "don't let the door hit you on the way out!" kind of way. Not that it was a bad Christmas. It was actually a great Christmas! I loved our Christmas with our families... but it's over and I'm ready to move on. I have to admit though that this year I couldn't get all into Christmas like I usually do. In fact I didn't even put up 1/2 of our Christmas decorations and, I didn't miss them.

Maybe it was because I was sick and had no energy. Maybe it was because the season seemed so much shorter with Thanksgiving being late. Maybe it was because over the years Christmas has become less about the decorations, parties and shopping for me. Maybe it's a bit of all the above

I do however want to savor the next week. I love having Rob and the kids home for a few days. I don't want to do anything much. Just stay home in our sweats, clean out stuff, watch movies and play Wii. So that's the plan. I'm so excited about it! Is it weird that I am so excited about doing nothing much?
Does this mean I am getting old?
It does?
Oh well!
If my excitement over nothing means I'm getting old, I might as well enjoy it!

Hope you had a great holiday and are looking forward to a New Year.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

Getting old? Nah! Maturing in wisdom? Yea, that's it!

Enjoy your time with family. It is precious, precious!

That Girl said...

I didn't enjoy decorating for Christmas this year because I felt like my decorations were for my old house and I didn't know where to use them in Mr. Riley's house. Maybe I'll do better next year.

Enjoy your family time!

Kelley said...

You have expressed what many of us have felt this year. Just ready for it to be done with. Perhaps that means 2009 is going to be a doosie!