Friday, July 23, 2010

While I was Facebooking...

I had already stopped blogging regularly before Facebook, but Facebook was the nail that sealed the blogging coffin for me for a while.  However, after a year or so of one sentence status updates and facebook marketing spam, I realized I really missed blogging. I'm now trying to make a blog comeback not so much for anyone else but me.  I need somewhere to record thoughts, and maybe get some feedback.   BUT in coming back to blog world, I have discovered that while I was facebooking blogs in general have become bigger, more business like and a whole lot more organized!  The blog world of my past centered around my little Mommy blog, Mike Copes' Blog, blogs of my friends, and the blogs of friends I met on other friends blogs. We were a blog family back in the day.  I love that blog family still. But blogging has really changed.

For instance...I was one of the first of my friends to link to Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Now a few years later her posts have thousands of comments, she has written a cookbook, a novel,  and they are pitching a movie of her life in Hollywood with Rhee Witherspoon playing her! WOW!!! Blog world has come a long way baby!!!

The blog world I have come back to is home to more professional, specialized type blogs for very subject under the sun.  The pro-blogs have HUGE readerships, give-a-ways, ads and post several times a week. The pro-blogs I love center around decor, design, DIY stuff and crafty things.  My favorite is written by a local friend of a friend, Kristi of Addicted 2 Decorating. (I haven't met Kristi yet but I feel sure we would be fast friends! :)  These more professional blogs are a great source inspiration, ideas and direction and they are just a few clicks away 24/7! LOVE THAT !!! So I added a new blog roll to the right with some of my favorite pro-blogs. Warning though, you can get lost on these sites for HOURS so click with caution.  ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had trouble blogging, too. I think my brain has been empty. I'm in Memphis this weekend with a few of the "old" bloggers and we're having a blast!

Donna G said...

The thing about blogging over Facebook is the recording of what is going on. I love to look back and see what was going on in my life at this time last year and the year before. I just can't find it in me to quit, even though it is not the same obsession that it used to be. Glad you are getting back in it...