Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meeting the teacher

Tonight was "Meet the Teacher" at Rhett's school. For Rhett and for all of us it was more of a "visit the teacher" because we have known and loved her for a while now. I am so excited for Rhett as he starts third grade with Mrs Kup! Kolby loved third grade with her and I have an idea Rhett will too. Rhett needs school. He needs a place to channel his energy and interests. He would never freely admit it, but he loves school and structure and he is happiest in his routine. He has wanted to go up to Spring Valley all week with me when I have worked on PTA stuff, which is a first! I spent so much time at Spring Valley when we were building the The Panther Patch that Rhett ( ok everyone but EK) hated going with me and eventually hated me going up there. I spent way too much of my time out there that year. So I took last year off. Never even went to a Spring Valley PTA meeting... really! Not even one all year!  It was a good and very needed break but I missed my PTA peeps. So, after a year away, I have let myself wade a little bit into to the Spring Valley PTA pond. I'm going to take it slow, but it feels good to be involved in the school we all love so much.  Even though last night I felt  a little like I did when I was in college getting ready for my bulletin board grade from Mrs Shaver.
I made this display thingy for the meet the teacher Spirit Shop, and hope to use it all year. The thought that all the teachers would see it sorta freaked me out. Don't know why. It turned out fine. :) Anyway so far this year my kids (well Kolby & Rhett) have actually wanted to tag along and even helped out with PTA things.  I am loving that! :)  Rhett has been tagging along with me to do stuff at Spring valley since he was 2 years old.. it's about tie he actually started liking it! :) And Kolby loves to go back to Spring Valley because she loves her former teachers and all of them are always so sweet to her..I think she also likes to see how many more of her former teachers she has grown taller than! last year she was taller than her K and 4th teachers. this year she has caught up to her first grade teacher and some of the specials teachers! :) I'm just happy to have two great helpers!

But enough about that.  Tomorrow is "Rhett's Day" and our last official day of summer. We are celebrating with breakfast at Cafe Cappuccino. YUM! I'm ready to get to bed so tomorrow can get here faster.  Night blog world!

0 comments: