Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Revised with Pictures on 5-29-07
Has it really been JUST a week since I last posted? I swear my family and I have fit two or three months into the last three weeks! Here is a partial list of what we have been up to since Mother's Day...

Mother's Day

~ Rhett's Preschool had the sweetest Mother Day Brunch and program for all the Mommies
~ I ended PTA by volunteering to chair a committee that would decide how to spend our remaining $10,000 by the time school was out. About 6 dozen e-mails, countless conversations and one big meeting later, we gave all the money to the library. Happy to have that behind me.
~ Rob's birthday

~ Girls Scouts
~ Kolby's Dance Recital ~ So fun and so involved!

~ Rob's Mom here for a short visit
~ Kolby's class had three field trips, a celebration day and a two game days in the last three weeks of school
~ Ella Kate took her first unassisted steps on the 21st and now is up to four steps before grabbing on to something or sitting down .

~ All three kids got haircuts at the same time. Ms Debbie is a saint!

~ Dentist appointments
~ Rhett threw a bat up in the air and caught it with his mouth and...
~ A week later Rhett lost his first tooth.

~ THE FORT (still not done because it won't stop raining!)
~ Rhett's end of the year school party.

Rhett on the first and the last day of school with Mrs. Henry.
~ 3rd Grade Awards Ceremony at Kolby's school (She got three!)

~ Teacher gifts and cards.
~ Our family end of school night out
~ Kolby's school got out Friday

Kolby with Mrs. Kup on the first and the last day of school.
~ Mama Sue's Luau birthday party Friday night
~ Kolby and I had a 14 hour "get ready for camp" shopping/packing marathon Saturday
~ Rob sick since Friday
~ Kolby left for church camp yesterday at 2PM, for 6 days, with out me! I never let her(or anyone) see me cry but I did take my time driving home from dropping her off! I pray she has fun, isn't homesick, and gets back with at least 75% of the stuff she took! (OK, I also hope she takes at least two showers while gone, brushes her teeth and combs her hair everyday and doesn't put wet clothes in her suit case but, I know chances of these are a little slim!)
Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it!

Today we are not doing anything. at. all.

Catching some ZZZZs
In the last week I have averaged only 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night. That is just not cutting it, even for a night owl like me! Today is a day of rest. So far I have read the paper, checked the Internet a few times for weather reports for Kolby's camp, called a mom who drove up and back from camp last night, fed everyone leftovers, and been really lazy. I can't remember the last time I have been in my PJs this long! It's a good thing.

And speaking of good things, RAIN has always been a good thing in my book. As a life long Texan, I understand the need for rain. Many years of my life, maybe even the majority of years, have been lived during drought conditions. So I never thought I would say this, but I really hope it stops raining!

In our little part of Texas, we have had over 20 inches of rain in MAY alone! Our total rain fall for the year at this time usually averages 13 inches! AND we have at least a 40% to 60% chance of rain every day this week! There have been flash floods and and so far 6 people have drowned. The ground is saturated, the rivers and lakes are overflowing, and there is no good place left for the water to go. So the rain needs to stop.

But I want it to stop for some selfish reasons too... I have heard that there are awesome swimming areas at Kolby's camp. In fact, for many the swimming is the highlight. For the sake of my little first year camper, I hope the rain stops! Rhett also has swim lessons this week with his friend Paul and he is so excited! Today's lesson was cancelled due to rain. I would hate for Rhett to miss any more days as he already thinks life is unfair and that Kolby gets all the fun! (field trips, sleep overs, camp etc) So hopefully the sun will shine and we will dry out and get on with SUMMER!

I love SUMMER!

That's about it! I will add pictures to this as soon as I download the 200 or so I have on my camera! Hope you are all having a great Memorial Day!

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

I am still loving the rain, because it's still COOL--I don't like the hot part of summer!

I hope Kolby has a great time at camp--and you don't miss her too much.

Aren't you glad May happens just once a year???

Amy S. Grant said...

I hope you caught up with yourself today. May is definitely crazier than December.

I hope Kolby has a wonderful week at camp - and that you make it through. :)

Anonymous said...

still single huh? :)