Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Blogaversary!

The little archive box to the left tells me I have been blogging since June 2004. June 28, 2004 to be exact. Over 500 posts. For three years I have been sharing parts of my life with blog world. Three years! I started blogging because of Mike Cope's blog (as it seems so many did!) He really is the blogfather!

I had no idea the community that would develop here. I long for a time when I actually meet the members of this blog church face to face. But with life as it is, that might not happen any time soon. For now I'm grateful to have you all just a click away.

I don't blog as I once did. I can't seem to focus. I'm more hesitant to share spiritual struggles. I'm more aware of the vastness of blog world and somedays I can't get past the creepy factor. Lately I erase half the post I write, or they sit in my box as drafts for so long that I never finish them. Not sure why. Going back three years I realize my posts have changed in nature. Have I stopped thinking deeper thoughts, or do I just lack the time an energy to type and post them? I dunno.

But, I still enjoy recording little glimpses of our lives here for the future and for the world to see and comment on. The comments have slowed lately. I think we all have so many blogs to check that we can't comment on everyone's anymore. But the site meter tells me you still check in, and rightly so or not, that makes me feel loved! :)

I don't know how much longer I will blog, or how much longer anyone will. I read an article that said MySpace might bring an end to blogs. But no matter how long it lasts, it's been a great avenue for me for the last three years. I love being able to click down my list and catch up with all of you in blog world. I love the laughs, lessons, and encouragement I receive from others bloggers. I love being able to connect with so many so easily. I wish more of my high school, college, and Fort Worth friends blogged so I could keep up with everyone better.

Much has changed in my world since I started blogging. Rob and I have gone through much physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and financially in the last three years. Just thinking about all the changes overwhelms me! We have gone from a young starter family who had recently moved to a family with "big kids" who have been around a while. My then kindergartner is about to be a 4th grader. My then almost 3 year old is about to turn 6 and... There is a new kid on our block! You guys were there from the beginning with Ella Kate. Next week she will become a 1 year old. Can you believe it? I have been horrible at having her picture made and scrap booking as I planned... But she has a lot of her first year's history recorded here on this blog. Her brother and sister can't say that. I have lots of memories on this blog. Times not just recorded, but shared and enhanced by those who read this.

I have shared so much with my "blog family". Together we have witnessed deaths, births, tragedies, triumphs, struggles and accomplishments. We have shared paint projects, gardening tips, parent frustrations, recipes, pictures, videos, book reviews and music. You have encouraged me countless times and even called me to the carpet a descreet time or two. Thanks so much for continuing to check in on me even in my blog dry spells. Thanks to those who so graciously share your faith and life's journey on your blogs. I have come to really love and appreciate you guys!

Do you think we will still be blogging in another 3 years? Just wondering...

10 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Happy Blogaversary! I have so enjoyed the ride, and getting to know you through your writings. I would love to meet you and your family someday.

Your question is interesting about what will come of blogs in the next few years. Who knows...I've only been at it for two years and I "quit" twice!

Donna G said...

Happy Anniversary Blog-sister. Still can't believe we started the exact same day...

I would encourage you to keep up this or some kind of journaling for your kids sake....I wish I had.

Anonymous said...

Last year, I visited Texas and I so wanted Ella to be born then so I could come see her but... maybe another tim.

Jacinda said...

I can believe Ella is almost 1! Your kids will thoroughly enjoy having all of these memories recorded for years to come.....at least I'm hoping my kids will!

mom23 said...

MySpace replace blogging? No way! Perhaps if blogging was for 14 and 15 year old kids. Facebook? It may have a chance but I still doubt it.

No idea about the future of blogging and I completely agree with you about being shocked that you (I!) still blog. I didn't really want to do it at the beginning and now I enjoy it. weird. Well, enjoy the present excuse to not clean, fold, mop, etc. ;)

Anonymous said...

Been lurking faithfully since the beginning -- thanks for sharing your life with us!

MDM said...

Ok, I remember reading your blog way back when I found the link on BST's (I don't know him either!) I started blogging after reading yours!! I need to start commenting on people's again. I know I love to read comments so much.

Beaner said...

My Blogaversary is in 2 months, so I've been reading yours for almost that whole time! Seems weird to "know" someone that I haven't met yet - hopefully one day soon! (We'll get you to ZOE soon!!!) Your "Mom" stuff is why I keep coming back!

SG said...

My preacher always comments on everyone of his comments. Today I wish I could do that too but I was just checking e-mail quickly. But it's greatto hear from everyone! Thanks! Nice to meet you Maude! AND Terri I would love you to come see us in Texas but I'm not having anymore babies so I hope that not the next time you are talking about!:)

jettybetty said...

I wonder if we will still be blogging in 3 years--anyway, I am happy I've been able to share so much of the last 3 years with you and your precious fam!