Friday, June 01, 2007

Sunny days

Two days without rain and I am feeling almost giddy! Hot, sweaty from the humidity, but giddy none the less!

Today Kolby comes home from Camp! I am ready to see my little girl. I haven't talked to her since last Sunday which has to be a record. Actually I think this is the longest I have ever been separated from her. While breaks are probably good for both of us in many ways, I am ready to have her home!

Yesterday Rob and I had the privilege of attending the funeral of our good friends father/father-in-law. It was such a sweet tribute to this Christian, family man! It was one of those funerals that you leave feeling inspired to live, do and be better because of the life that person lived. While I weep for this family's loss, I can't help but gratefully rejoice that he was such a great husband, dad, grand-dad, friend, and Christian example! Time and again different people said how much this man cared about others. Even in his last painfull moments he was taking care of his family. And so many people cared about him. Some people live to be 100 and don't have a tenth the love that this man gave and received in his 58 years of life. Rob and I both said that when we die we hope our funerals are like this one. Uplifting, inspiring and real. It was a good day.

I also enjoyed getting to be with my husband for more than an hour, sans kids and home improvement projects. The funeral was out of town. We figured out we could take back roads and get there about the same time as taking the interstate. We drove down two lanes roads past farms and ranches only pausing to go through a town or two that was about a block long and to stop st a DQ for a drink. With all the rain we have had the country side is so green and lush. The wild flowers were beautiful! It was a really pleasant drive. The kind of drive I don't see often!

Funny how life gives little unexpected presents, like the gift a peaceful drive across lush country side with my best friend, when I least expect it. After days of sadness, it was just what I needed. I think God knew that and I am so grateful!

Still praying for the Brown and Bailey family as they experience some of the darkest days of their life. But yesterday reminded me that somehow, as horrible as their situation is (and I can scarcely think of of a worse scenario for a parent or sibling) that God will give them just what they need and in time it will get better. At least that is what I have to believe. Hope you join me in continuing to lift them up as we celebrate the lives God has blessed each of us with! Have great Weekend!

0 comments: