Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blog, What blog?

Sorry. I have been out for a while. Since school stated almost three weeks ago life has been going by so fast. I thought it would slow down. It hasn't. If anything it is going faster and faster. There have been many days when the computer hasn't even been turned on. Keeping up with e-mail has been a challenge. But I think things are going to wind down a bit now that we are in the "school routine."

I haven't blogged much about my little EK lately. She is growing like a weed! If I were to pick one word to describe her it would be BUSY!

Do I look like trouble or what?
The girl never stops moving! At 14 months some are surprised to find her walking...WALKING!? That was old news four months ago! This girl is running, climbing, jumping, and dancing her way into everything! She can out run kids twice her age and may be able to out climb a few of them. I have found her on top of the kitchen table, the counter top, and the washer.. and that's just today! She has no fear. She loves to explore. Her favorite thing to do is to take the lid off a box and dump all its contents out. She is also fond of scribbling on anything she can with a pen, pencil, crayon or close facsimile. Pictures. Everyone tells me they want pictures of Ella Kate.

Yes I am wearing an apron, brown capris and cowboy boots.
Well I do too! Good luck getting any! We went through two photo sessions with a local photographer in the last month. After an hour of trying to get Ella Kate to just sit or stand still and smile long enough to get a picture each time... we gave up! It doesn't happen. She is never still. And if she is still she will not even glance towards the camera. It's a side view or an action shot of her running the other way. I think EK is adorable and has the sweetest little smile, but in pictures she is just a blur. You need video to capture this girl!

I don't want to smile!
Although this week a video might even be a stretch. Ella Kate fell outside on the patio (trying to climb a folding chair) and banged her mouth and nose up pretty badly. She is pretty pathetic looking. There was a lot of blood. CSI might convict me of murder with the splatters Ella Kate sneezed through out my kitchen during the ordeal. She seems OK though. I called to see if we needed to take her in to see if her nose was broken, but the nurse said it is very rare for a 14 month old to break their nose as the nose bones are still pretty pliable at this age. Besides there is not much they can do.
It's not easy being 14 months old!
The nurses at Dr K's office recognize me by my voice. Last week when I called to see if we could come in for an X-ray when she saw my name on caller ID the nurse answered the phone asking "What has Ella Kate done now?" That time EK needed to have an x-ray to see if she had swallowed some spiral shaped paper clips. She was choking when I pulled three out of her throat and I didn't know if more had been swallowed. The X-ray did not show paper clips or any other foreign substances in her tummy, which was such a huge relief! But it was relief laced with the fear of what she will find her way into next. This little girl keeps me on my toes! You can not leave her alone for a minute...which also explains my recent absence from blog world. An active 14 month old and blogging do not mix.

Which reminds me that I need to go. You can bet if I'm not blogging, I'm just trying my best to keep up with Ella Kate and our family's full schedule. Gotta run! Happy Thursday blog world!

7 comments:

SG said...

Dang it! This post had paragraphs and pictures when I posted it! No time to try to figure out what went wrong. Does anyone read this anymore anyway?

Jacinda said...

I read!

Sometimes my paragraphs don't work either-I hate that!

Have fun running after that precious baby!

Anonymous said...

She looks so mischievous, but so cute!

Anonymous said...

The comment above was mine! I forgot to sign my name--- Meredith

Amy S. Grant said...

I read, too! But like you, my schedule is so full it takes a few days to check in on my fave blogs.

I'm just sitting here in disbelief that your baby is so big. I remember when you announced you were expecting not too long ago!

She is precious, and that is a fun (if tiring!) stage.

Donna G said...

Did you read about 2 of my 3 babies being IN the dryer? The third was on her way when Mom caught them....ahhh toddlers.

Clarissa said...

I read! Sometimes!