Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow?

For weeks I have been longingly looking at everyone else's "Snow Day" pictures. Kolby and Rhett both went to sleep last night praying we would get some of that elusive white fluffy stuff and have a rare Texas snow day.
This is what we woke up to this morning!

6:30AM
We still have school today because it was just a freak over night dusting. As you can see the roads are perfectly clear. Right now there's hardly a cloud in the sky and the sun is out. But for 30 early morning minutes before school, Kolby and Rhett had a blast out in the snow!

The mini snowman we didn't have time to dress!

Ella Kate even woke up and reluctantly joined in the fun.

Our little snow bunny.

Even though it didn't last very long, we are thrilled to say we saw snow in 2008!
8:30 AM
What a fun way to kick off SPRING BREAK. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Yay for snow! Even if it was just for an hour. You got pics, and that's what matters. :)

Love your wallpaper-tearing-down story. And yes, I agree the kitchen looks great with just the bare walls!

We're kicking off Spring Break, too. Have a fun week!

Susan - said...

Clever idea to "write" the year on the van's window.

We are having our second snow day in a week! Crazy, I tell you. We usually get about one a year.

By the way, it is cheating to post someone else's house for your snow pic. ha ha

jettybetty said...

Looks like you all enjoyed it so much! How fun.

SG said...

OK. The house pictured is my parents house. It is what I see when I look out my front door. It was too cold to run out there in my PJs and take a picture of my own house! But I called and asked Mom to take a picture of my house, since it is what she sees when she looks out her front door!

No fair to have 2 snow days! :)

Beaner said...

OK - I MUST invite you all to Illinois next Winter so you can see some REAL SNOW!!!! ;) We actually had 1 of the snowiest (is that a word?) Februarys in history here!!! Spring Break is in 2 weeks for us. Hope you enjoy yours! I am looking forward to setting the clocks ahead & getting some more daylight! YAY Spring!!!

Mae said...

We woke up to the same thing this morning... in a teacher's eyes such a WASTE of a day when we're already out of school! :) Oh, well, Hadlee enjoyed making her first snowman (sans dressing) and Jack-man-do cried for her while he watched from the dining room windows. It was gone by 1:00!

Jacinda said...

Looks like fun!