Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break

Well I didn't mean for our Spring Break to be a break from blogging, but that is what happened.

I'm afraid this Spring Break was a bit dull as far as the kids are concerned.

We had a normal soccer Saturday last weekend.

Kolby had a stomach virus from Friday night until Sunday around noon.

One of Rob's aunts (who we really didn't know very well) passed away last week. She was only 58 and had just found out the week prior that she had cancer. The family was devastated as anyone would be. Rob really wanted to go to Denison to the funeral, but I really didn't want him to drive all that way by himself with one arm still in a sling. So we all went! Nothing like a last minute family road trip! Sunday night we spent the night in Plano in a new to us hotel which the kids loved! (Gotta love that Priceline "name your own price" site!) We took a portable video game system that hooked up to the room's big 42 inch flat screen. The kids and Rob were in gamer heaven. I think I know what Rob wants our next big ticket purchase to be. I however fell in love the sofa in the room and would love to find one just like it for our house! Since our sofa is 12 years old and showing it's age, I bet we buy a new sofa first.

We got up early Monday and drove to Denison in the rain. Rob went to his aunt's funeral while I stayed at his parent's house with all the kids. On our way home we went by IKEA in Frisco (YEAH!) and then we went west and hit "The Incredible Pizza Company" for four hours.

It was really fun as apparently no one in that area was on Spring Break and we pretty much had the joint to ourselves.My favorite was go- kart racing with both Kolby and Rhett. EK loved the little rides in her area. The big kids loved it all!


We got home just in time for bed and were all completely tuckered out.

Tuesday we did nothing. NADA. Stayed in our PJs all day. I loved it. The kids did to, until they realized it was 7pm and we had not "done anything fun" all day. sigh.

Wednesday we went for donuts, played outside, and ate at Chili's with Daddy for dinner.

Thursday was our big CHUCK E CHEESE outing followed by soccer practice. To round out the day Ella Kate fell into the neighbor's pool fully clothed! Kolby immediately pulled her out by her feet. EK didn't even cry. She seemed pleased as punch to be all wet and the center of attention. However, Mommy and our poor neighbor were/are a bit shaken up! I have thanked God (and still am) that EK's big splash was just that. I am well aware that it could have been so horrible. Rob and I decided that EK can't go next door with out a floatie on from here on out.

Today I went to the doctor to find out why I have been feeling so blah and coughing non stop for a week or so... another nasty sinus infection! And I also have symptoms of acid reflux. So my short lived coffee drinking career is over. (I just started in December) A "bland, nothing fried, nothing spicy" diet was ordered. Fun Fun! Chips and salsa are out for a while. In the mean time Rob is off braving the Zoo with our three monkeys. They have been begging to go to the Zoo. What is it with kids and animals?

That about sums it up for us.
As exciting to read as wall paper.... AND you know how I LOVE (not!) wall paper!

Unlike waking up to snow last Friday, today we woke up to a balmy 70 degrees. It is now 88. We could see 90 or above before the day is done. I guess spring did break through this week! Happy Friday!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

We LOVE priceline! We also really love those Hyatt Places!

I think your spring break sounds just pretty exciting!

Susan - said...

Go read Julie's blog. Very exciting.

Mae said...

Speaking of wall paper...


I, too, have acid reflux and have since high school. I go through rounds with it and the two things I've found that REALLYWORK are...
1. Regualr adjustments w/ my chiropractor (covered by insurance and usually accompanied by a massage) (Regular, being once a month.)
2. Arbonne Nutritional Smart Hybrids for Women

I can't referr you to a chiropractor, but I can send you a few days worth of the vitamins if you want to try them and don't have an account w/ Arbonne.

That way, you DON'T have to stay away from the spices of life... or Starbucks. :)

Do I win the award for the most...'s used in one comment??!?!?!

junglemama said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy week! Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Pulled her out by her feet??!? I just keep thinking about how much water must have gone up her nose as she was pulled out upside down. Two brave girls!