Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Wrap-up/ Room Preview

Just a quick post to say we had a great Halloween!

Here is EK with her MDO class on Thursday. We got a lot of mileage out of that kitty costiume! Aren't they cute!


AND My Dad seems to be doing better. His pain is finally being managed. Hopefully he will be able to start rehabbing soon. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. Please continue to remember my Dad as this is going to be a long process. They are hoping he can come home by DECEMBER 25TH. Yes, I said DECEMBER! OY!


But back to our fun Halloween. As has sorta become our tradition, my big family and the cousins came over for trick-or -treating and Halloween play. We also celebrated my uncle Rick's birthday. I think it is so fun to have a birthday on Halloween!

We had Spaghetti for supper, went trick-or-treating and just played and visited. Around 8:30 Rob talked Rhett and Justin into going to the Midway game with him. He had tickets and was itching to go all night, but wanted to be here for Halloween. Rob has a passion for high school football! And MIDWAY won! It was a great night for all of us. I love Halloween. It's just a great, fun, family time! AND orange is one of my favorite colors!

Our family in front of the big Pumkin



The cousins Trick-or-Treating in the neighborhood.

Last night we had two cowgirls, a Storm Trooper, an FC Dallas Soccer Player, a kitty, a witch, two Cheerleaders and a Fireman!


And finally, I thought I would post some pictures of Rhett's completed room. Well sorta completed. As completed as it will be for a while! Still not sure I ever feel like any room is completely complete! :)


Rhett really loves his new room and is doing a great job keeping it clean.




Rhett's favorite part of his new room is his desk and lockers. He has been really good at coming home and doing his homework right away at his desk. I'm letting him sort and arrange his lockers for the most part. The other day I asked him where something was and he said "#17."
"I beg your pardon?"
"Locker #17!"
He has it all figured out.


He isn't the only one who likes his new room. If I can't find Ella Kate, she is usually "reading" books or "sweeping" (sleeping) with the puppies (Webkinz) on Rhett's bed. Someone said it is getting time for me to put EK in a big girl bed. Re-do another room? NO... She may be in her baby bed until Kindergarten!
Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

I love all your pictures! You have a beautiful family and a fabulous pumpkin, too.

Rhett's room is awesome! I bet he just loves those lockers!

Lindsay said...

that is awesome! The desk idea was GREAT! BTW---I went to Canton today and definitely thought about you!

Jacinda said...

I really like the lockers & desk area!

Leeser said...

Oh My Goodness- I LOVE IT! The desk and the lockers- how creative! With the crown moulding and lighting it just looks so professional. Great job!!!

Beaner said...

I love those lockers too - esp. with the desk & shelves above them!