Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I miss this blog

Really I do. I keep thinking of things to post but I haven't actually sat down to type them out since Facebook came along. I'm praying for my soul to still. I have been sorta on edge since summer and I can't pinpoint why. But all really is well. Busy. Overwhelmingly busy at times, but in a good way, if there is a good way to be overwhelmingly busy! :)

I have spent a lot of time outside Spring Valley planning and working on the out door classroom lately. I would not describe myself as an outdoor person, but I do love being outside in those still moments when it's just you and the wind and the pile of dirt you're working with. It seems to center me. I can see why Jesus went to the Garden in Gethsemene. It is easier for me to feel God when I am out in nature.

Sadly the sidelines of a soccer game or the front pick-up line at school don't give me that same feel. Those are my only regular outside times these days. I am ready for Spring. Not Summer. Just Spring. To bad you can't get one without eventually getting the other! :)

I also miss recording more day to day things about my kids on this blog. When I look back over the last 5 years of blogging (5 Years! Can you believe that?) those are the post I most enjoy. So I hope to do better at that someday soon.

I'm a bit curious though... If you blog, what are your favorite things you have blogged about over the years. If you don't blog, what are some of you favorite things that you have read and remembered on blogs? Just wondering....

3 comments:

Donna G said...

I love the things I have posted about my kids...and the onset of grandkids. The whole experience of the triplets is recorded. I would have already forgotten so much of it.

Also my spiritual journey. It has helped me to realize who I am or at least who I want to be....

elizabeth said...

My favorite is looking back at the funny things the kids have said. I had forgotten most of them. I am trying to make an effort to get back to blogging. Facebook is fun, but lacks the lasting benefits of blogging.

Nellie said...

I enjoy reading about families and spiritual things. It's always amazing to me how we can always connect the two!

I agree that Facebook is great for reconnecting with people and staying current with friends and family, but blogging really gives a voice to deeper thoughts and sharing.