Monday, December 27, 2004

Happy Anniversary...Almost

Tomorrow will be my six month blogging anniversary! ( I was a blog lurker and commentor for six months before actually posting on my blog.) Just six months and it has become such a big part of my day. I love my blog family! All of you are such an encouragement to me. I wonder what the next six months will bring?

The house looks as if Christmas exploded inside. Well, it sort of did. The kids got tons of great toys and clothes. Santa came through with a bike for Rhett and an American Girl Doll for Kolby. Rob and I were also very blessed and guess what...It is only half over. Today we are heading to Rob's parents in Denison, Texas for Christmas with the Grosz side of the family! :) We plan to stop off in Dallas to see the trains at North Park. Rhett is such a train fan, so it should be fun. ( The Cheesecake Factory is also just across the street!) I really should get going... but I feel the need to ramble and reflect this morning. This will drive Rob to distraction as he is in "go" mode.

Exactly how long is too long to leave the Christmas decor up? When does it just become repulsive to see red and green? It took so long to get it all out and up this year, I don't feel the slightest bit motivated to pull it all down. Humbug!

Rob and I have three huge projects to do before he heads back to work....OK I have 3 big projects and Rob shares one of them. 1. We are going to paint our room... walls, ceilings, moldings everything!!!!
2. We have to clean and box up our room so we can paint. The Christmas stuff has to find it way to the attic and presents have to find new homes in our house. And finally...drum roll please.....................
3. I volunteered to completely redecorate the teachers lounge at school over the holidays. I have until January 10th. Yes we are painting, putting in new floor, hanging curtains, framing art, making art.... The whole nine yards! I know, I know what was I thinking!

So if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why. If you are gifted in a painting kind of way and want to help, just give me a call. I will be farming my kids out too if you want a turn:) Cheap plug huh? -On that note I think I will stop.

Happy After Christmas!!!

5 comments:

Mae said...

I think that since the next upcoming holidays are Vaentines and St. Patricks Day, which coincidentally have red and green as their celebratory colors, that it's ok to have red and green decor around until it's time to decorate for Easter... Kind of like the whole moving from black shoes to white for the spring. Just tell the neighbors you're ahead of the times!

I'd love to help paint, but our paint fumes from this summer killed enough brain cells as it is! Have fun and be careful. :)

Donna G said...

wow! I started blogging the day after you! I thought you had been at it longer than me. It's crazy fun is it not? Good luck with your projects, sounds like you may have, yet again, bitten off more than you can chew... Do you think?

Susan - said...

You are crazy! ha Repainting your bedroom and redecorating the teacher's lounge over the Christmas holidays? That is just so you.
I'd love to healp, but I have committed to a project that will not take as long, but may be just as crazy. Jonathan wants to have a sleepover for his birthday. So we are inviting the Tiger Cub Den (6 boys) plus 2 other friends, plus Jonathan and Jackson. We are having a camp-in. Pray for me, would you?

Clarissa said...

Leave it all up until at least January 11th, that's for sure!

Jenni said...

Only six months? Wow -- I thought you had been on longer too! I have been blessed to be a part of your blog-family for most of that time and have really enjoyed hearing about your family and sharing in your lives. Happy blog-aversary! (and yes, leave those decorations up at least until you get thos projects done!)