Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Galveston Get A Way


Kolby finally got to see the beach last week. Yes. I know it's sad. Nine years old and had never been to the beach. But now she has.

Mother nature did not want to cooperate however so our beach day was a bit cloudy and rainy with some rough waves. But don't tell Kolby and Rhett, because they had no idea that it wasn't perfect beach weather. There is an advantage to seeing something for the first time!

Did I mention it was a little windy? I can still taste the sand just looking at this picture.

The kids had a great time in the hotel pool and staying as "ocean front" as possible in Galveston.

We also enjoyed getting to travel with Mama K and Sari.

We spent a few hours at Moody Gardens on the way home.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY, I fulfilled my promise to take Kolby to the beach this summer!

My grandmother used to say if you leave a place wanting to come back, then it's been a great trip. So it was a great trip because I am already planning to go back next year when Rob can come and the weather is better! (back to a beach that is,but it may not necessarily be in Galveston)

School starts in less than a month. Where did our long summer go?

3 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

That looks like such a great vacation. I'm glad your kids finally got to experience the beach! If my sister didn't live at the beach we probably wouldn't have much opportunity to go either!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! We are going to go to Galveston in a couple of weeks since we had to cancel our annual trip to Florida due to me getting very ill last month. Where did you stay? It looks really nice. Do you have any tips for Galveston?

Meredith

SG said...

Hey Mere!
I am sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you are OK now! I don't get e-mail notifications when people leave comments anymore...I have no idea why but I don't or I would just re-mail your comment. BUT YES I have tips!!! In fact I might have a very good deal for you that came int he mail to me THE DAY AFTER we got back! Be sure to call me or I will try to shoot you an e-mail soon!