Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hum dinger

Well a Hummer anyways...
While in College Station I saw this sweet little grandma-esque lady climb into this big ole Hummer...

I don't know why it amazed me so but I grabbed my camera and took some pictures.

I guess it's not every day you see a little ole granny driving a Hummer...but I was close to Aggie land! :)

Speaking of AGGIES... Suzanne and Joe had the quads yesterday! Can I get four big WHOOPS! Scoot on over to her blog and tell her congrats! Can you imagine 4 babies! At the same time! It boggles my mind.

And for those of you wondering if I have become an insomniac... sort of. Sometimes during Robs paper route I can't sleep so I go to blog world. If you see me commenting in the middle of the night...well now you know why.

And lastly I want you to meet Charlie.

I don't know if Charlie is long for this world because I have no idea how long spiders live. We met him about two months ago. Almost every night since, come rain or moon beams, we have seen him spin the most incredible web between a little fir tree and the side of our house.

He is quite amazing to watch. No he hasn't written "Some Pig" or anything miraculous, but he is quite the acrobat and he is also lightening fast and very macho!

He has to be a guy because he is so territorial. He drove another spider away by cutting it's web! Really! Kolby and I watched him do it one night! And if you blow toward his web he gets right int he middle and shakes and does this dance that makes his web look like a trampoline!

It's like he is saying "Come on! You want a piece of me!" I saw him take out and wrap a June Bug three times his size one night. It almost tore his web to shreds, but that was one big bug so he probably had his fill for the night. Never thought I would be a spider watcher, but Charlie is hard to miss.

Yeah not much to blog about around here... So what's up with you?

4 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Imagine how many paper routes it would take to compensate for FOUR BABIES all at one time!

Donna G said...

I just can't imagine adding one more to the mix....

Spider's huh??? (picture me shaking my head without words to express my confusion...)

HW said...

The grandma in the hummer cracks me up.
The spider...not so much. I'm afraid of 'em.

SG said...

What can I say? Charlottes' Web was my favorite book growing up. BUT Make no mistake, if this spider was anywhere near my skin, I would kick, scream, swat and possibly have a heart attack. But since he is safely perched on his web, three or four feet away from me and nowhere near any entrance to my house, he is just amazing to watch. OK. I'm wierd, and easily entertained! :)