Sunday, August 12, 2007

No place like home

We just returned from a four day trip very happy to be home. When I opened the door from the garage I realized the house was just as hot as the garage. Not a good sign. It appears that our air conditioner has gone ca-put! It was 90 degrees in our living room at 10:30PM. Not what you want to come home to. So I'm going to be calling air conditioner repair guys in the AM! Pray for us! Really! It's supposed to be over 100 again tomorrow. I think I want to go back on vacation! 

Updated 4:30pm on Monday
In a very cruel twist of fate, minutes after the repairman called to tell me they probably can't get the part in for our air conditioner until Wednesday, my parents air conditioner went out. No really. I'm not kidding. I couldn't make this up. But some one please tell me... what are the odds?  AND the bad news is BUSH is in town and all the hotels are booked.  UUUGGGHHH!!!!!

Updated Monday 10:00pm
And believe it or not... somehow I ended up on the ten o'clock news tonight. The lead story was on all the air conditioners going out around town and I was the interview. They did a live remote from my Aunt's lawn.  No, I'm not kidding! I could not make this stuff up! After sweating it out all day I looked so bad! But I'm so happy to be in a cool place that I don't even care! 

The kids and I are staying in our forth place in 5 nights that is not our home. I'm just happy to have lots of family here! We have not spent the night at my Aunts since we moved here. Before we moved here I used to visit everyother month or so. It's kinda fun to all be out here. The kids think this is the best week ever! The privledge of youth I guess! Hoping to be home by Thursday at the latest and trying to stay cool in the mean time!

12 comments:

jettybetty said...

This is not a good time to have a broken air conditioner in TX--I hope you get it repaired early today!! Glad you are home safe from your trip!

Nellie said...

Oh, my - not a good thing! I thought ours was getting ready to go out on Saturday because the house seemed unusually warm. Seems it was just so hot outside and the back door had been opened and shut so many times, that the house just got warm.

Hope it's an easy fix for you and your family, and that you and those precious children don't get too hot. Be careful and stay hydrated!

Donna G said...

Bless your hearts....

I will pray...It has been Texas like out here for the past couple of weeks...not a cloud in sight. I actually dreamed about fog last night....weird!

Amy S. Grant said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your a/c is being repaired even as I type. Praying! It is HOT!

Amy S. Grant said...

Unbelievable. I hope you have found someplace bearable to spend the night(s)! We've got plenty of room, but it's quite a drive. :)

Jacinda said...

I'm so sorry! Hope it gets fixed soon!

Anonymous said...

Saw you on TV! Have you checked the circuit breaker? I once paid a repairman to come and flip my switch. That didn't sound right.

Anonymous said...

Can I have your autograph? I tivo'd you!! You're famous...and hot! Haha!

elizabeth said...

So sorry about the a.c! I remember our died the week we were showing the house last year. What a nightmare!

Have fun with all your family this week!

Susan - said...

I wanted to see your interview, but could not find it. Come visit if it does not get fixed soon.

Amy S. Grant said...

You must put this on YouTube!

Darren Duvall said...

We replaced both our heat pumps a couple of months ago, the downstairs internal unit quit and dumped water all over the floor. We decided to replace them both to avoid a repeat on the second story. I feel your pain.

*flashes AC repair gang signs*

Glad it worked out for you. We didn't get on the news, though.