Friday, August 03, 2007

Don't Tickle Elmo!

Until you check this website.

http://www.service.mattel.com/us/recall/39054_IVR.asp?prod=

The above link should lead you to a list and pictures of Fisher Price Toys that were recalled this week do to unsafe levels of lead in their paint.

If that link does not work, you can access the recall list from the Mattel Consumer Answer site. http://www.service.mattel.com/us/default.asp

Many Sesame Street, Dora and Deigo toys were recalled.
I had actually just bought one of them as a Birthday present a week or two ago.

3 comments:

Deana Nall said...

I saw this on the news the other day and it really got me upset about all the products made in China and other countries where the standards are not as high as ours. Why do we outsource all this stuff anyway? To make things cheaper? Because I'd be willing to pay more for toys made in the U.S. so they could be safe.

SG said...

At first thought I totally agree with what you said Deana, but then when I think about it, I do understand why businesses have to outsource over seas. Americans want a bargain. We want to pay the lowest possible price for everyday stuff. It is engrained in us. At the same time American workers want to be paid the highest dollar when we work. We want benefits. So in an economy where the consumer wants to pay the least price for goods and at the same time get paid the highest price for their labor, business seeks labor else where, because business exist to make money.

Beaner said...

Steph - You have just summed up why WalMart makes a killing...and kills all the small businesses around it in the process. What Mom & Pop store can compete with them??? (I struggle with this issue because I hate the idea of WalMart, but I'm also on a tight budget, which means that I shop there too often!)