Saturday, August 25, 2007

Waterslide/Transfomer/ Blast-off Birthday Party


Last Night was Rhett's "Water slide Transformer K Blast-off Birthday party." With a theme like that I did not have any choice but to do the cake myself! I actually bought an undecorated cake from Sam's and then built the slide from frozen pound cake I bought at the grocery. A few straws, wooden skewer, one recipe each of royal and stiff buttercream icing, a few action figures and a couple of mid-night hours and WA-Lah We had a WATER SLIDE,TRANSFORMER, BLAST-OFF, BIRTHDAY CAKE! Rob thinks I am crazy to spend so much time on a cake...But when my 5 (almost 6) year old son tells me I am "the best Mom in the world for making that awesome cake"...Well, I think it is time well spent!

Revised on 8-26
This was a really fun party that we have been looking forward to all summer! Rhett was barely able to contain his excitement in the days and hours leading up to his "Blast-off Birthday" as he usually calls it. It was hard work getting it all set up, but once the party started, it was a breeze!

Te water slide was the main attraction.

Water balloon baseball was also a hit.

We graduated to a "hit" pinata this year. No more pull string pinatas for this guy! The "light saber" noodle fights on the trampoline and the water cannons were also a hit. We had a great group of kids. Three or four of these kids have been at every one of Rhett's parties starting when he was 1! The fact that they are all off to school in a few days... I am not ready to think about it! There were no injuries, no fights, no fits and no tears. I was amazed how well all the kids shared and got along!

Afterwards Rhett got to do something he has wanted to do all summer... He had his cousins spend the night! These three are a hoot! They were so funny, all wanting to sleep in the same trundle bed.

Rhett has told me over and over it was the best party of his life.... though I'm not convinced he remembers the first three! It was a really good night. and a great way to end our long summer.

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

You DO take the cake, Stephanie!!! That is amazing to me. Just don't EVEN tell me how you made it, because I know if I tried my waterslide would tip over; children would be screaming, running to their mothers.

Jacinda said...

I can't wait to hear how the first day of school goes!

Donna G said...

Love the cake!