Monday, August 20, 2007

Last days of Summer

We have been pretty busy these last two weeks. You know about the air conditioner, but before that we took a few days off to do some fun things and meet with friends.

We started off with a trip to Six Flags. Well actually I dropped Rob and the kids off at Six Flags and Ella Kate and I went shopping and checked into the hotel. We met up with everyone for dinner. I thought going to Six Flags after the sun went down would be OK with a 13 month old.

I was wrong. It was still too hot. But w had a good time and were very excited to get back to the hotel!
The next day we met up with the Jenkins and went to The Star Wars Exhibit at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
Knowing our families love of all things Star Wars, you can imagine how fun that was! Then after lunch at Joe T's we all headed over to Frisco to stay with some other friends.

If you have read this blog before you may remember we talking about the "Fort Worth Friends" which is a group of four families that all used to live in Fort Worth together when our first babies were born. These four families were not original to the area and had no family there, so we became a little family. Anyway with in a few years we had all moved away, but have gotten together four times in the last five years for a reunion. Sadly our Houston family had a sick child and could not make it. But we had a great, relaxing two days visiting and letting the kids play.

As you read in the previous post, we came home from this weekend at 10:30pm on Sunday night to find our air conditioner had gone out , probably the day after we left. Our house was so hot! And then through some weird turns and twists, we ended up featured on the local 10 o'clock news!

These are pictures from the live remote broadcast from my aunt's lawn. (where we were staying)

We got home late Wednesday. Our house finally reached the 70's by late Wednesday night. Thursday night we had a t-ball swim party at a friends house. By this point I had lost track of the camera. Elizabeth was there so I hope she will send me some pics (hint, hint) Friday Kolby had a few school friends over to water slide and watch High School Musical 2.
WOW was it a loud night! (Does anyone else have "Hey batter batter, hey batter batter swing" stuck in their head?) It was fun to see some girls we hadn't seen all summer and HSM2 did not disappoint... Well, except for the fact that they cut Kolby's favorite song from the soundtrack out of the movie. Something tells me the song will come out in the movie eventually though...maybe as a bonus feature on the DVD? :) One more HSM2 thing to look forward to! :)

Early Saturday Rob went back to the metro-plex for the Church State Softball Tournament. He and the team were home by dinner...but they had fun! Sunday I worked nursery, we went to lunch with the fam and I spent some quality time in Target celebrating Tax Free Weekend while Rhett and Kolby entertained cousins Justin and Whitney with their Daddy at home.

Today is Rhett's "Special day" with Aunt Sari. They left around 9am and are not due back until tonight. Tomorrow is Kolby's turn. Wednesday I have some major dental work scheduled. Thursday is Rhett and Kolby's BLAST-OFF at school where we meet their teachers and put all their school supplies in their desk. Friday we are having Rhett's birthday party with the water slide in the back yard. Saturday is Rhett's first Soccer game. Then we will try to rest and gear up for the start of school next Tuesday!

So that is our plan for the last days of summer! It's a busy time... especially when you throw in the fact that Rob is starting back to grad school this week. I think I am ready for school to start so that maybe life will slow down! Yeah right! I know! The crazy Fall rush has begun! Now if we could only get some Fall like weather....

2 comments:

SG said...

I just read this and realize I said "you " alot. I don't know who the you is that I was writing to! I think this was sort of a history blog...meant to remind me of what life was like having three kids at home. I have visions of reading this when I'm an old lady. :)

Anonymous said...

The song that is stuck in my head is "What Time Is It?". Cute movie!

We made it to Galveston and had a great time! The sea weed wasn't too bad at Stewart Beach and the weather was perfect! We stayed down the street where you guys did- Maravilla.

Sounds like you are going out with a bang to the end of summer!