Friday, December 11, 2009

Be still My Soul

The other day I had my blog's Holiday playlist blaring from the computer when Chris Rice's Instrumental version of Be Still My Soul came to the top of the shuffle list. (It's #3) Kolby said "That one is pretty, but not really Chirtmasy. Did you put it on there on accident?"
No Kolby, I didn't.
If there is ever a time in the year when I feel the need to be still, it is in the month of December. So overwhelming is this season for me! You know the hustle and bustle we all get caught up in no matter how we try to slow down and take it all in. The parties, the presents, the lists, the decorating, the fight to get it all done... I love it and don't love it all at the same time.  Sometimes it seems the good and bad of life are amplified by this season and I get all jumbled up inside.  So Yes. In the midst of Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, Frosty the Snowman, and Santa Clause Coming to Town, it's good to Be still My Soul.

Christ was born to save a fallen world. Maybe that is why both the best and the worst can be so clearly seen this time of year. So if you are overwhelmed with joy or sorrow this Christmas Season, Be Still.

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: