Friday, April 15, 2005

Day Dream

Did any of you catch the "Super Nanny" on Oprah the other day? Oh my! I have to say that there were some things that she said that hit me right between the eyes. I was very thankful that my kids are not as out of control as the ones featured. There was one comment she made about kids behavior ALWAYS being a reflection of the parents that sent me to fear and trembling. What am I teaching my kids? What are they going to reflect? But I know there are some good things they could reflect.

Watching the Super Nanny in action just added a layer to that fantasy I have about reality/ improvement TV adopting me and making-over my life. Not that my life is that bad or anything... do fantasies have to make sense?

In my life make-over fantasy Trading Spaces could spruce up my house, and Clean Sweep could sort through all the stuff and painlessly purge and organize. Or Tye Pennington and Extreme Home Makeover could just come gut the house and build the beautiful, functional, organized home of our dreams in its place. What Not To Wear could have a stab at my closet and my "Mommy" wardrobe. Rachel Ray could get me cooking 30 Minute Meals that are light, healthy & tasty. Oprah could help me Make the Connection and get thin and fit. Extreme Makeover could suction, primpt, whiten and exfoliate the flaws Making the Connection didn't solve. Suzie Orman could straighten out all the finances and get us ship shape for a bright financial future. Dr Phil could help make sure my attitude and head were properly adjusted and ( here is the newest part) the Super Nanny could help me be an in-control, scheduled, disciplined Mom. ...And we could win the lottery and all go to Disney World for the summer! What a daydream!

Sometimes I feel like I am not the woman I should be when I day dream such things. Where is God in my daydream? Why do I want everyone else to fix me? This line of questioning could evoke much soul searching and many other questions, but alas, the sun is out, it's 72 beautiful degrees out side, and the backyard has graciously supplied a ton of weeds to pull! Questioning and soul searching will have to wait...or join me out in the back yard.

Any of you dare to daydream? Any daydreams you want to share? (By the way, this blog is rated PG : ) Happy Friday blog world!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Sometimes, when it is VERY noisy in my car, I daydream that I am on an island in the middle of nowhere that has a beautiful hotel on it. The only noise I hear is the waves crashing on the beach. I have a great book in my hand and no one needs me for a few days. What a dream!

Mae said...

My biggest day dream (right now, anyway) is that when HAH finally comes out, I will magically be in a size 2, grow about 3 inches, always have beautiful highlights, and a complete Banana Republic and Ann Taylor wardrobe all the while my precious bebe is decked out in fabulous Gymboree. No materilaism in the Hale house ~ no sir'ee. :)