Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Freaked out

OK, I am officially freaked out! I just read that a High School classmate of mine has a son graduating from High School. Grant it, she was one of those sweet girls who had it all together until she got pregnant her senior year. She married the father, also our age, and they are still together. They have beaten the odds and, from what I hear, are a very sweet family. BUT STILL ...a child graduating from highschool???!!! Stars above, it just can't be so!

It really freaks me out that they have a 17 almost 18 year old son! Kolby is 7. Rhett is 3. I cannot imagine being this age and having a teenager! Isn't 35 still young? What really freaked me out is I just realized that my 20 year high school reunion is in less than 3 years. WHAT??? I think I blinked my eyes and missed a decade somewhere. How can this be?

The older I get, the faster time flies. Just had to share my freak out with you blog world!

5 comments:

Beaner said...

LOL! That's a good one! I had my first age freakout a couple months ago. I help out with the Teen classes & I mentioned something about having a crimper/hair staightener in '87 when one of them piped up "That's the year I was BORN!!!" I used to do that all the time w/my older church friends & it has finally come around to bite me on the butt! UGH!

Mae said...

Bless your heart... I've experienced similar instances. One Sunday in class I was talking to the high school girls about going to a sock hop w/ tight rolled jeans... all that I got in response were incredibly confused and "she's lost it" looks. Trying to explain just seemed to make the situation worse. Oh well. I'm gonna go crimp my hair, tight roll my capris, call them peddal pushers, listen to Debbie Gibson, and say some totally inspiring Moon Zappa phrases.

Donna G said...

Hold on baby, the ride just gets faster and faste. Just yesterday I was 35 with a 11 year old and a 13 year old. Now I have a grandson, but what a ride!! Lovin' every minute of it!!

Susan - said...

I totally relate. Last summer when we were planning my 20th reunion, I found out that one of my classmates has a grandchild! Of course, she had her first in High School.

Deana Nall said...

I knew someone a year older than me that had a baby in 8th grade and her child is 21 now. Hard to imagine!