Saturday, April 23, 2005

Not Much

I have often said I enjoy reading blogs more than I enjoy posting. This week that really rings true. When I click down my blog role, by the time I have read to the bottom, I have nothing to say. You guys say it all so well for me! For those who know me, I am sure it is hard to imagine me not having much to say...but it's true.

So, if you came here looking for more than not much, here are some suggestions. If you want to read a "kick you in the spiritual pants" blog, check out what Ms. Judy has been saying the last three days. DJG always has some great analogies. Then there is Mike Cope and Brandon... Geez, there are no better blogs than those! If you want to hear about a fun weird named festival, jump on over to my good friend SJ's blog. If you want fun life stories with kids...well take your pick, as there are so many!

It isn't just the eloquence of my fellow bloggers keeping me off line, its SPRING! For me Spring means perfectly beautiful days and allergies! Currently, I have a sinus infection due to Waco spring allergy season. (Which for me is not half as bad as Abilene's, but much worse than San Angelo's and Fort Worth's spring.) Anyway, when I am not coughing, hacking and talking in a "man voice" as Rhett calls it, I am outside watching the kids ride bikes, pulling weeds, and avoiding all the projects I need to do inside the house. It's just to pretty to be inside.

Bike riding has become my kids favorite thing! Kolby lost her training wheels a month or so ago and Rhett...well Rhett is so kamikaze with training wheels, I shutter to think how bruised his little body would be if we were to let him take the them off! (And yes, at age three, he has actually tried to remove them himself with the pliers!) So you can imagine what I am doing when not blogging. Maybe I will be a better blogger when things will calm down this summer....Hey, I can dream, right! :) Have a great weekend blogworld!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I hear ya! All to often, I read through blog after blog and just can't come up with anything to say!

judy thomas said...

Thanks, Steph--I guess I have been on a rampage this week. Judy T.

Donna G said...

Oh, I am so honored that you like my analogies...

As for your "man-voice", I said that I sounded like Demi Moore when mine got that way. Lisa from Montgomery, Al commented that she always changes her message on her answering machine when she gets that. You might as well make the best of a bad situation. I am now washing my car on average three times per week!!! Next time I am going to buy one that is "pollen" color!!

As for blogging, I generally will post "something" before I let myself read, otherwise I would never get around to posting. I love to read all that you write! I especially loved the Kenya story. I cannot tell you how many times that has gone through my mind this week.

Lastly, I first read your sign off as Have a great weekend BlogWART!! I guess if the shoe fits....

Beaner said...

Steph - I read your blog daily, but there are many days that I just don't comment. I, too, was really impressed w/the Kenya blog - I hope you'll get an update on those two precious kids one day. You just never know in this day & age of the internet how small our world becomes!

I just wanted you to know that I feel really connected to your blog because we are both stay-at-home moms of 2, Christians & we read a lot of the same blogs too. I kinda feel like I have entered into a world where everybody knows everybody & I'm just starting to understand all of the connections. And I also visit a lot because you post something fresh almost every day & I wish I were that diligent!!!