Monday, October 15, 2007

Halloween Howdy

What is so scary about being a cowgirl for Halloween?
?
Ask Ella Kate!

Yeah, it was a fun Sears photo session!

I was sweating by the time it was over. Kolby and Rhett were troopers, but little EK just didn't like being told where to sit, or stand, or to smile, or anything. She made us all work for these pictures...and work hard! But it is sorta funny looking back on it. I had to chuckle as I heard myself say "OK you guys step on her skirt so she can't run off again!" and "Hold on to her with your hand that does not show and hold on tight!" We did get good pictures but it was not easy!

This was my favorite but, it was more centered when I ordered it and not so digital blurry.



I think this one is sweet too!




This is the only one we have of EK in her hat...imagine that!

I love these little cowpokes more than anything in the world and LOVE that we have these cute pictures... no matter how hard it was to get them! People laugh at me for my kids matching costumes and pictures but I don't mind. When am an old lady in the rest home, I know pictures of these fun dress-up Halloween years when my kids were still young enough to not mind matching will be some of my favorite! You know how I love a theme! (Click here if you want to see thewhole Parade of Halloween pictures!)
Last year's Halloween Pictures...they all have grown so much!

On a completely different note, EK got four big shots in her legs today at her 15 month check. I HATE SHOTS! But I hate being sick more so we do what we do. She has had fever off and on and at times today would limp or not even want to walk. Bless her heart! She has a pretty high fever tonight. I hope it is better in the AM! You hear horror stories about immunizations causing awful reactions and somehow those stories always haunt me when my kids get their shots. I have talked to our doctor about this and she assures me it is worth the risk. Still, I do not like shots.

For the record Ella Kate weighed exactly what she weighed at her 12 month check, but has grown an inch. She is in the 50% percentile for weight and the 75% for height. So far she and Kolby are about the same. Dr K said she looked great and we have no worries...other than having a very active mobile 15 month old whom we have to watch like a hawk! Ella Kate is a mess, but a sweet , loving, funny mess with a great personality and a infectios zeal for life ... and I would not change her for anything! EK has us all wrapped around her little finger! And happy to be "wrapped' at that! Even though a camera can not capture just how precious this baby girl is to us all, I sure hope she lets us get some better pictures of her soon!

These are really fun times with our little Ms. Tooty Pants! and Kolby and Rhett too! Rob and I are very blessed and are amazed God loved us so much that he entrusted these amazing littel people into our care. It is humbling yet heart-swelling to be the Mom of these three!

Hope you have the time to make some great memories with your favorite little people during these great fall days!
Happy Fall Y'all!

3 comments:

jettybetty said...

They are so cute.

I am so impressed that you do Halloween pics EVERY year--I think that is just one great way to keep up with them and how they grow and change! You go girl!

HW said...

That first photo just keeps cracking me up. And I think Rhett's face is priceless in it too. It's as though he's saying "MOM! We are soooo gonna have a talk about this."

All of your kids are beautiful.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

wow...your oldest looks like a complete replica of YOU!! So cute!

Will we see you in A-town? We're leaving today! YIPPEEEEE!