Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ouch

My mouth hurts. I had a root canal Tuesday.
Evidentally there was still some infection in that canal before it was sealed off.
Now my whole cheek is swollen and I feel like my tooth could explode at any moment.
Ouch.
I hate pain.
I can see how someone who hurt all the time could become addicted to pain killers.
Speaking of, I am due some.
They don't help much but they make me able to sleep.
Hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and take that infection out.
I sure hope so because it is impossible to be a fun Mom, wife daughter, friend etc when your cheek and mouth are throbbing!
And i am all about being fun.
Ouch.
But not today.
Tell me about your ouches.
It will make me feel better.

4 comments:

Beaner said...

Misery loves company, eh?

Well, I've only had 1 out of my 4 Wisdom Teeth pulled. The other 3 are impacted & I need Oral Surgery for them. I've never been put under, so I'm a little nervous, but they are bothering me and 1 of them has a cavity. I've just heard so many horror stories. AND I have already had 2 Root Canals!!! My poor mouth/teeth!!!

Donna G said...

I got bit twice on the butt by an ant that was on a tennis ball last night.....

HW said...

When we were first married, I dropped a LARGE jar of miracle whip on my toe at the grocery store. It hurt sooooo bad.
When I told my husband about it, I said "I dropped a huge jar of mayo on my toe" because growing up, mayo and Miracle Whip were the same thing in our house. I've since learned better.
Later he heard me whine about my pain to a friend and I called it Miracle Whip. So he chimed in and said "now was it Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?" And I gave him THE LOOK and asked "do you really think that would make a difference in the pain I'm feeling. Stop nit picking." And he said "Miracle whip is in a plastic tub...that stuff you put on desserts. It wouldn't hurt as bad as a glass jar of mayo."
Wait, what?
He was so confused. I cleared him up right quick.
It is still a running joke today.
"Now did you just drop jelly or jam?"
"Was that chocolate syrup or hot fudge syrup."
"Were those dill pickles or sweet that just broke your toe?"

Sorry for the long story, but maybe it made you laugh...?

SG said...

It did make me laugh! And two days later the swelling is down and the pain is almost gone! YEAH! I'm very happy live in a time where strong antibiotics are available! GO Z Pack!