Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend?

I love weekends but lately... Weekends wear me out! Having said that we had a fun, albeit busy, weekend.

Friday Kolby went on her first church retreat. She was thrilled and has been looking forward to this for weeks! I still can't believe she is in 4th grade and old enough to go to camp and on retreats... But she is and she loves it! She got home yesterday right as church was getting out. Tired but happy.

With Kolby gone you would think we would have had a more laid back weekend.. but no. Friday night we went to Susannah's 2nd birthday party. It was a fun low-key family birthday party. (if you call 8 kids and 13 adults meeting at a restaurant low-key!) We went back to my cousins Ashley's house for cake,presents and more fun. Right before we left , Samantha ( Ashley's oldest) sang us the song she sang in her school talent show last week. I was blown away. I have been around this child regularly through out her 8 .5 years of life and had no idea she had a voice that powerful! We may see big things from Sam in the future!

Saturday I worked all morning on the never ending edits of the Fall PTA newsletter. (gggrrr) I finished just in time to rush off to Rhett's soccer game. After the game Rhett's buddy Thomas came over to hang out until we went to (cousin) Justin's birthday party. R and T had a great time!

Justin's party was at Young Champions. YC is the first of a planned chain of franchised gym/inflatable/arcades/fitness centers for kids. The man who started Curves International and Young Chef's Academy has teamed up with some former NFL trainers and players to launch Young Champions. Yes! Right here in Waco, Texas. Who'd a thunk? Brett Farve was actually here for the YCopening and is a partner in the franchise. Anyway, it was super fun place and the owners are good people! I hope all goes well and that there will soon be a Young Champions near you!

Saturday night I let Rhett rent two Play Station games. He has been begging to rent games since his birthday. He and Rob had so much fun! It cracks me up to watch them play. They are both so intense! And little Rhett actually beat his Dad in NBALive 2008...fair and square! Rob did not give him anything. It was a proud moment for Rhett! Rob too...I think.

Sunday we went to church, got Kolby and went to lunch with some of the family. Late afternoon we left EK with my Mom and sister so Rob and I could take the older two to the Fair and Rodeo. Our school district hosted a family day for a reading program all the libraries put on every other year. We bought the theme book of the year and picked it up at the Fair with hundreds of other families from our school and district!

It was a fun day because we saw so many friends and people we know. The rodeo was fun, but a bit long. The kids were itching to go ride some rides. Since we had free admission and parking from the school, we let the kids ride a few rides...but much to their dismay Rob and I were not willing to fork over $25 each for armbands! And honestly after we went through $20 worth of tickets, we (as in Rob and I) were ready to go. The fair is not the cleanest place. I was ready to go somewhere and wash my hands! We ate at Double Dave's with family on the way home. Then it was time for bathes and bed! That was our weekend. It went so fast!

Kolby seems to have picked up an unwanted visitor this weekend. Around 2:30AM she came to tell me her stomach hurt. Before she could make it to the restroom...her stomach spewed it's contents everywhere! Bless her heart, Kolby tried to stop it with her hands and ended up getting it all over her. and the carpet. and the walls. and the ceiling. I thought we might need new carpet before, but now I know we do! YUCK!!!!!!!! Nothing like cleaning nasty from the carpet at 4AM to start the week off!

Needless to say Kolby is home today. She has fever and feels awful. She was totally bummed about already blowing her perfect attendance for the year. Really. In our family is perfect attendance ever a realistic goal? I can't imagine. Anywho... my plan to get up and out early with EK was shot. Seems like many of my plans are getting shot down as of late. But we managed.

Rhett went to school by himself for the first time today. I don't think he gave it a thought, but I did. I love my kids going to school together. There is comfort in numbers. (Still sad that this is one of only two years any of my 3 kids will ever share a school campus!)

Anyway, today we are in sick mode. Hopefully Kolby will keep this virus to herself! And be through with it soon!! I'm not ready to be in sick mode this early in the school year! But on the plus side, her class is reading Sarah Plain and Tall this week which is one of my favorites! "Homeschooling" won't be so bad for a day or two if I get to read this little book again!


Just re-read this post ... Blessings to anyone who still reads this mommy dribble I call a blog. I blog more to journal now. I probably would have stopped blogging months ago (out of boredom with posting and busy-ness of life ) but I just can't stand to break ties with all my blog buddies. Besides someday I am going to want to remeber all this...Right?

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

NinjaPrincess said...

I'm glad you're still blogging :) (And I like the Mommy posts!)

Susan - said...

Hope Kolby is feeling better!