Friday, January 25, 2008

5, 27, 2, 15, 10, 25

Numbers. This week has been all about numbers.
5
Have you watched ESPN lately? If so, you could not help but have heard that the BAYLOR MEN'S BASKETBALL team beat Texas A&M in 5 overtimes! Of course you could not have watched the game itself because no one picked it up for TV. Two teams ranked in the top 25 playing each other and no one picked it up!??? Rob and I listened to the last four overtimes on the radio. An amazing game. I don't care much about sports but our next door neighbor is one of the assistant coaches. We have watched this team completely rebuild against great odds over the last five years. Five heart-wrenching, back-breaking years. And though I didn't go to Baylor, living in Waco it's hard not to cheer for the home team.
One part of this story that may not have been talked about on ESPN is how supportive the men's and women's basketball teams at Baylor are of each other. The Baylor girls played in Missouri (and won) the night the guys played A&M . The girls did not want the pilot to take off until they heard the final score from the men's game. But a snow storm blew in during the third over time and they had to go. The girls coach said the minute they could turn on their phones and they heard the men's final score, the plane exploded in cheers and the girls dancing in the aisles for the guys. You don't hear of that kind of support often. Here's hoping the Bears will continue this winning streak! Go Bears!
27
Last night I went to see 27 Dresses with some friends. It was a cute movie. A chick flick. But I liked it and had fun. It was nice to just get out with "the girls." Towards the end of the movie there is a bride on a boat. I could not figure out who the actress was but i knew i had seen her. It was bugged me until finally as I was drifting off to sleep it hit me... She was "Babe" from All My Children! I was so happy to figure it out. I'm weird that way. I will see someone in a movie or even in real life and know that I know them and it will really bug me for hours, or sometimes days, until I figure it out. Does everyone else do that?
2
Ella Kate has gone to Mother's Day Out 2 days this week! I thought I would get a bit more done, but it's been really nice to have a few hours to myself to do whatever! It's life changing. Really! I don't know if anyone else can appreciate what those 4.75 hours twice a week mean to me. Worth every penny. Oh and EK 's started saying "two" this week! She holds up her pointer fingers on both hand and says "dwo!" It's really cute! Makes me laugh. EK laughs too. I think she knows she is 2 cute!
15
This is not an exaggeration. By the time this day is over I will have done 15 loads of laundry this week. That's a whole lot of sorting, folding, and hanging up! Maybe we don't need so many clothes!
10
My little Kolby will be turning 10 in a few weeks. Double digits. 10 years. A decade. I have been a Mom for a decade? Sometimes it feels like I have been a mom forever and it's hard to remember life before kids. Then sometimes I feel like we just got married and there is no way we could have a ten year old. We are planning a big to do next weekend as a early celebration. More about that later.
25
How can it already be the 25th of January? Usually things slow down after Christmas, but this month has just flown by! So happy 25th day of 2008! Hope it has been good to you so far!

5 comments:

Susan - said...

It does seem incredible that these BABIES are now turning 10. How did that happen?!

I just read on Dusty's blog (my preacher) that he visited with Jim Martin on Monday. Small world, huh?

Anonymous said...

I don't get the numbers thing.

TMK said...

I thought your post was very cleaver! I loved it. My oldest is 11 and when he turned double digits, it kinda hurt as a mom. I can't wait to see 27 dresses!

Julie said...

January has flown by - which is just fine with me, as we are counting down to March 12th go get our little one! Isn't mothers day out the greatest? It's just the perfect amount of time. :) Happy 10th to Kolby!

Anonymous said...

I like the numbers blog. I get it. For me, having a child turn double digits makes me feel like time is flying by!(Cassidy just turned 11 and Cooper turned 9)

Happy B-day to Kolby!

Meredith