Thursday, January 31, 2008

Have Van, Will Travel

When we bought our van less 25 days ago, it had less then 11,500 miles on it. We have managed to put way over 1000 miles on it since then. There is no end in sight to this mileage adding trend.

Last weekend Rhett and I cruised down to Houston to see Sari who is working the Houston auto show. I would add cute pictures of Sari and Rhett among all things auto, but I forgot my camera and Sari hasn't e-mailed her pictures yet.

So until she does I will post this oh-so cheesy picture of my sister greeting the press at the Detroit auto show. Anyway, we had a nice short visit with Sari, took in a few sites at the show, stocked Sari's mini fridge with all we could find at Super Target, ate at Joes Crab Shack (Rhett loves that place!) and headed home. It was a short fun mother/son/aunt over night outing.

This weekend we have another mileage adding excursion planned. This one is BIG. For her birthday, I am taking Kolby and three friends to the DFW area to see the Hannah Montana Concert Movie, spend the night in a hotel(which has the indoor heated pool she requested), eat at one of Kolby's favorite restaurants and hang out at one of the fun metro-plex malls. We even hope to catch up with Kolby's best girl-friend from her toddler days in Fort Worth. It's going to be so much fun! Kolby and I are both really excited.

I had not planned on this being an over-night out-of-town party. But some big-shot at Disney thought it would be fun to torture kids/parents every where and only release this movie for 7 days and only in selected cities. Our town is not one of those cities. It's not the best weekend either. Besides it being Superbowl Sunday, it is also our churches big dodgeball tournament. Rob's team has won it two years in a row and is hoping for a three-peat. I hate to miss it! But the show was sold out for Friday and we have basketball games Saturday morning... So Kolby and I will miss the dodgeball tourney and drive home just in time for the Super bowl kick-off.

I told Kolby months ago she could have a birthday party at the Hananh Montana Movie, not knowing of the limited release. Of course she would have understood, just as she understood that we could not go to the concert after the tickets sold out in 10 minutes and were a gazillion dollars on-line. But she is turning 10! Double digits! So this is a special trip, for a special girl, on a special birthday! Four Hannah Happy girls in a mini-van! I really am looking forward to it, but feel free to pray for me Saturday!

After this weekend we have one weekend at home. YEAH!

On Valentines Day Rob and I head down to Houston again for his long put off and highly anticipated shoulder surgery on the 15th. Why Houston? Well, let's just say we wanted a surgeon that has done this operation a few thousand times instead of one who has done it a few dozen times. Rob is going to need that shoulder a long time, so we did not want to take any chances!

The following weekend we head back up past DFW to Denison for Rob's parent's anniversary. I will have stayed in four different hotels by the time this month is over, which has to be a record for me in my post-baby life! I'm looking forward to all the running around, but I know come March, I will be glad to have a weekend or two at home. I've become quite the little home body over the years.

Must run. EK has a fever virus and has already missed a day of her first full week of MDO. Sigh.
My house really needed a few EK free days! Oh well. There is always next week. More later.. Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

Beaner said...

Jess & her Daddy are going to see the H.M. movie tomorrow. I thought it would make a cute Daddy/daughter date, especially since it's close to Valentine's Day. I think they're going to get a milkshake at Steak & Shake afterwards. I kinda wish I was going now - I REALLY like Miley Cyrus!!!!

Lara said...

Don't know if you remember me..I am a good friend of Ashley's from ACU. By any chance, are you all going to Texas Orthopedic Hospital?? My husband works there and they are wonderful with any ortho stuff. Hope things go well in H town.

Lara ( Reeves) Bills

SG said...

Yes Lara I do emeber you ( of course!) and yes that is exactly where Rob is having his surgery. :) We have been very impressed with the Fondren(sp?) group. Good to hear from you!

Amy S. Grant said...

What a fun weekend for you, Kolby and friends! She will always remember that.

I'm happy to hear about your new van - I remember co-miserating about our ancient vehicles not too long ago. Sounds like you are needing dependable transportation theses days!

Amy S. Grant said...

I'm thinkin I'd get sis to hook me up with a BMW or somethin!

Mae said...

I've been decorating our house in my head. Every single time I look at my dinig room I see it with your dining room color... Please share the name and color #. I've decided that since we've made it to two years in one house it's time to really decorate! Yippee!!!

SG said...

Lowe's Laura Ashley Navy #5 mixed in Valspar's American Tradition Eggshell or Satin. Enjoy! I sure have!