Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Going Private

Video added at the bottom!
No.
I'm not.
Not yet.
But it seems everyone else is.
They are getting creepy comments. Or perhaps they have a healthy fear of strangers looking at their children. Some can see from their site meters that UFB's (unidentified freaky bloggers) are coming to their blogs at weird hours and clicking on pictures of their children multiple times. They fear they may have blog stalkers.

I have wondered about all that from time to time. But according to my site meter I don't have that much traffic. No UFBs in the night. ('cept me when Rob is doing papers and I can't sleep) I don't get creepy comments. No one is negative or mean to me here. So I currently don't see the need for me to do the private blog thing. I feel like my little blog world is being divided into gated communities. I see the need, but it makes me a bit sad.
And honestly...
I'm feeling a bit left out.
What is wrong with me that I don't need to go private? Why am I not worried? Why don't I get more anon. comments? Why don't people visit my blog in the middle of the night? How come other people's kids get clicked on? Could I actually have blog-stalker envy?
Now that is sad!
Not sad in that my blog/life is not interesting enough to rate a stalker. (Which, come to think of it, is kind of sad.)
But SAD in that I could feel left behind by something as silly/creepy as that! I think the "loco" in "mi vida" has gone to my blog head!

Speaking of my crazy life....
Today was the first day in two weeks that there were not installers or repairmen in my house! YEAH!!!! I had the freedom to run around the house in my PJs all day... and I did!
Kolby was at home sick today so we three girls just stayed home... and dusted!
Wow. There is a thick coat of white dust on everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! How could just changing out the floors make everything so dirty? But as soon as we get rid of the dust and get all the furniture put back in place, I'll post some pictures! Overall, I love my new floors and am so happy to have this major big home improvement project behind us! Yeah!

And lastly...We have not had our TV plugged in/hooked up for over a week. I haven't missed it. EK has watched Elmo on the computer every morning and the kids have watched movies on Kolby's little TV when need be. I think I could live with out the big TV for good. (Though I have missed HGTV a little bit.) No one else in my family feels as I do. They are so excited that Rob is hooking it all back up tonight. But I'm a little sad. Without a TV we have had many moments together like the ones in this little video.

I think I am going to have to declare some TV free days in the future. Of course my family might counter with some computer free days for me! And that's not even funny. :)

And yes, life has been crazy. I won't go into how crazy, but suffice it to say this week was on par with the week before it. (The one I blogged about last Tuesday.) However, as crazy as these days have been, it hasn't been all bad. As I was rocking EK to sleep tonight I was able to reflect on these last two weeks. I remember a lot of the funny things, lots of laughter, and things that happened to that show me that God has a great sense of humor so I should too. Yes, my kids were/are a handful at times, but they are also the most precious little people! I am still in awe that God has blessed us with these three great kids. Rob and I did nothing to deserve them, but we love them so very, very much! And they are all three growing up so fast! (Is there a way to slow this ride down?) Maybe I have become a little "crazy" myself because I would not trade these days, not even the last two crazy weeks, for anything. Thank you God for my crazy life!

PS I'm having way too much fun with my Playlist over there! I love that site!!!!

12 comments:

Meredith said...

"Blog-stalker envy"...that's the funniest thing I have heard all week!

Amy S. Grant said...

That song is even funnier in this context.

I went over to my site meter after reading your post to check on any middle-of-the-night-ers, and the only one was from a town in Texas...Hewitt, I believe. :)

Laura said...

Hey~
I'm sorry (I think) about you not having any stalkers. Since Will is STILL not sleeping all night I'd be happy to check your blog when I'm up with him!
By the way, how/where do you get a site meter? I'd love to put one on my blog!

Laura said...

I forgot to mention that I LOVE the version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" you have on your playlist. It reminds me of the episode of ER when Mark Green died. How sad is it that I remember that??

SG said...

Laura,
I'm so glad one of my cousins married you because you always crack me up! I also cannot hear that version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with out thinking of Dr Green dieing in Hawaii. I miss the old ER!

To get the type of site meter I have scroll all the way down to the bottom of my blog and click on the little rainbow cube in the left corner. It will take you to the site that lets you register and explains how to embed a site meter on your blog. It is free and very basic but it does the job.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I've had 3 new visitors today! I don't feel the need to go private either. I am just very careful not to put full names on my blog per my husband's request. And, I think he is more worried about identity theft than stalkers. Anyway, it could be me in the middle of the night. I sometimes am online very late. I have a hard time winding down to go to sleep and stay up pretty late usually.

Laura said...

Thanks for the info about site meters.

RIP, Mark Green!

Unknown said...

Ahhh-about to cry! I miss yall, see you soon

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Can I stalk your blog? I will!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Stephanie,
I am a BLOG stalker....at least you don't know that I am reading your blog and have for a year after linking from Brandon's. I nearly lost you when he updated and took a lot of links off...but you commented on his and now I have you on my favs to read regularly. Your kids are so cute...I hope you never have a reason to have to go private...that just makes me sad!
Now I am OUT as a voyeur! :)
Hainey

SG said...

Hainey? How fun! I am not going private anytime soon but I have good friends who have had to do so and for very good reasons. But if I do, I will try to let everyone know ahead of time! :)

Prince Edward said...

Let me know ahead of time too if you go private. I am still not there yet either...maybe one day, but right now, I don't feel a huge need to.

It was fun checking in on your family!