Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting on the cable guy

Updated with pictures and color links
This is one of my precious MDO Thursday mornings and I am sitting here waiting for the cable guy. He was supposed to be here yesterday between 5pm-7pm and came @ 2pm??? when I was out. So I don't want to miss him again! Since I have nothing to do (but vacuum, clean the bathrooms and of course, laundry:) I thought I would catch up on the old blog.

My house is a crazy jumbled mess right now. It's like we are moving...but we aren't. There are some issues with the floors. Still. Hopefully we will resolve most of those or at least get a plan of action, today. But until then, Rhett's room is still half full of all the things I boxed up before the floors were laid. Things like my china from the buffet, books from the book shelves, all my decorative "this and that's", a few floral arrangements... Poor Rhett! Hasn't had a room since this all started on March 24th! Yes. That is how long we have lived in disarray. I'm ready to have things back in place....

But wait! I forgot to mention that with the furniture mostly empty I have had the opportunity to move everything around, and I have! Nothing is going to go back to it's exact same place! We have had our whole house/rooms set up basically the same since we moved in 6 years ago. I decided to mix things up a bit. I'm not sure if it is really an improvement, but it's different. After 6 years I want things to be a little "different."
Before
I Moved
Everything
















And
then
After


































Anyway, that is why I am stuck here waiting for the cable guy. I moved the entertainment center, or what was left of it after I decided to take it apart, (see last picture) across the room. I moved it ALL ALL by myself. Even our huge (feels like) 400 pound TV! I hooked it all back up only to discover that the cable outlet on the other side of the room (that we have not used for 6 years) does not work. So we have been without cable on the big TV since Tuesday and the fam is all whiny about it. I don't think they appreciate me rearranging everything in the midst of the disarray we were already dealing with. But it I feel it is better to get it all messed up at once. That way when everything is all finally back together and in it's place it can stay that way... maybe even for another 6 years!

During this changing things around phase I have decided I also want to paint (or should I say re-paint) my living room, dining room, entry, kitchen area, laundry room and halls. And yes, that does just happen to be all the places we just got new floors. I guess the new floor color made me rethink a few other things... The kitchen was happening anyway. For the kitchen I'm thinking about a green color, like moss #4 from Laura Ashley or maybe a deep red like Summer Pudding also from Laura Ashley. I am also considering painting all that was pale sand #2 to be taupe #3 or taupe #4. And then I may paint the dining room which is currently navy #5 to be a darker navy #6 or going in a completely different direction and painting it olive #4 or #5 or maybe dark green #4 or #5. (All Laura Ashley colors which I have mixed in Valspar American Tradition satin paint because LA paint fades. I just like the way Laura Ashley does shades of color by #. To see all these colors go to this site.) P.S. I forgot to add that I plan to paint the et center white and change the molding on top to make it look a bit more up to date. Not that you really needed to know that, but still...

Of course all these color choices are dependent on the new drapes I plan to hang in the living, dining rooms and kitchen. No. I haven't found those drapes yet because I want to make sure they will go with the new couches I plan to get in the next year... and no I have not found those either. And of course we need to put some rugs down on the new hardwoods... but as you may have guessed by now I haven't quite decided what rugs to get since I want to make sure they will blend with the undetermined wall, furniture and drapery colors!

And why am I not out about town while I am kid-less looking at swatches and pricing things so I can make some of these decisions?
BECAUSE I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE CABLE GUY!
(insert frustrated sigh)

Really. With the changes along with all the boxes and paint chips sitting around here, you would think we are moving! But our address is staying the same... Unless the city will let me change the numbers in our address, just to do something different... :)

Happy Thursday Bloggies!

5 comments:

Leeser said...

Oh the joys of decorating...I feel ya! Window covering are always so hard for me! I like the living room re-do. Very cozy!

Julie said...

LOVE the living roon re-do!!! It's so fun to start fresh.

Our walls are one of the Mosses from LA (don't remember which one). We did the same things with the paint mixing.
It's been 7 years, and we still like it!

HW said...

I love the new arrangement.

Do you have those little furniture moving coaster thingees? They make even the heaviest furniture slide across the floor like it's on ice. I can move our huge armoir alone once it's on the furniture moving coaster thingees. We got ours at Menard's.

SG said...

HW
I have always wondered if those things worked! One of the beauties of this wood floor is that most of my furniture just slides across the it thanks to self adhesive heavy duty felt like tabs we put on the legs/bases of everything. But the Entertainment center is not strong enough to be moved with the TV in it, so I had to heave it out and heave it back in! Ouch! But it was worth it.:)
Now I am wondering what to do with the remaining et center towers which can not stand alone.

Amy S. Grant said...

You better be careful there, buff one!

I love the new arrangement. Hope the cable guy came by now.