Friday, April 04, 2008

Promised pictures

It may be days/weeks before everything is back in place. A few boards may have to be re-done. There are also some unfinished things that the guys will come back for next week so, we are not rushing to get it all put back.. But here are the current before and afters...
Before

After (Just after they finished the last board actually. See all that dust on the floor?!)

After (I can't find a kitchen before and the tile had not been grouted or cleaned up in this picture.)

Before (Actually this was day 1 of installation. Our frig is not usually in front of the phone by the kitchen table!:)

After

Before

After

Notice the fireplace tile.
No more fake green marble!
I was so happy to see that go. And yes, I did take a few swings at it during the demo phase! The entertainment center is a not back in place as I am trying to figure out new furniture placement. I forgot to take before and afters of the hall. I will have to post some more "afters" later when we get it all put back together.

Next up I think I need to get a few rugs...
Does it ever end?

10 comments:

rachel said...

hi,
i followed your link.
i just wanted to thank you for posting the link to kelly's blog about sasha. i too have been hoping to find someone out there to give this boy a loving home (i tried suggesting him to another family when kelly first wrote about him, sadly they left ukraine without a child). i pray that ruslan and inna can consider sasha.

your 'partner in crime' ;-)
best regards,
rachel
**ps, your floors are beautiful!

Susan - said...

Steph, you florrs are beautiful. Love it. And the fireplace looks fabulous. I also like the mirror frame painted white. Looking=' good.
Do they sell rugs in Canton? Let's go!

Meredith said...

Looks beautiful- so warm and cozy! The tile looks really good with your cabinets.

Anonymous said...

NO THEY DO NOT SUSAN! Your friend, Rob

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Stephanie!!! I love those wood floors. I think you picked the exact same tile for your kitchen that we have. Love it! ;)

Amy S. Grant said...

Your floors are beautiful! You must feel great having all that done.

Beaner said...

My husband & kids have allergies & I SOOO want to get rid of all my carpets & replace them with similar flooring (I can't remember if yours are hardwood or laminate?) They look gorgeous!!!

Leeser said...

Looks great! I think it makes the rooms look much bigger, too. Very pretty!

SG said...

Thanks!
Beaner as they pulled up or old carpet dirt and dust just flew! I was so embarrassed and felt the need to explain to the guys that I really did own and use a vacuum cleaner! They assured me that all carpet that has been down for a few years, no matter how it looks on the surface, is really that dirty deep down. They said it's the dirtiest part of their job and both wore masks. YUCK!
Our floors are a 5 inch pre-engineered hardwood plank from Mannington. I think the name is Savanah Hickory Olde Town. We love them!

elizabeth said...

The floors look great! I am with you on the rugs.

I remember FINALLY getting the dining room furniture that I had always wanted. We got it all in the house and it looked so cold against the tile floors. I told Bryon that I loved the furniture, but it would really look great if we got a rug underneath. He nearly had a heart attack! Yes, it never ends.