Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back on the net!

I'm back! (And I found fun new blog skins! :) Thanks Hot bliggity blog!

That little 7 day computer break was not as successful as I thought it would be. More on that later. Maybe. But suffice it to say I have decided that the computer is too ingrained into my life to quit cold turkey. Not even sure that would be good. But taking a break was good. I know I am on here too much at times.

A few random thoughts for this Wednesday.

Vacations are not only fun, but necessary. My family needs one. Bad!!!! Just need to figure out when, where and how.

Garage sales are hard work. Really hard work. But like vacations they are necessary to my sanity and well being. I have not had one in years and boy, does it show! I am overwhelmed with all we need to get rid of. Truly it is staggering. I have sold over $150 worth of just stuff on Craigslist this week pre-garage sale. It feels so good just to have that little bit of stuff gone. I have decided that I need to make myself have a garage sale every year to get rid of stuff. Every year.

Sleep. Can't live without it, but can't get all I need to do this week done if I get much of it. I really need a break from the mile long to-do lists! But such is life. Better than being bored. WHICH is now my least favorite word! Too bad my kids seem to love it so much. We need a better chore system around here!

VBS is also hard work. have you hugged a VBS volunteer lately?

Home Improvement. WOW. What a racket! We are in the thick of it trying to get our house "market ready." So much time and money goes into these houses we occupy. As a student of history, civilizations & cultures, I was taught to really learn about a people look to their architecture. Not just the great buildings either. Look at the every day dwellings of the common man. The details in those spaces will tell you so much about a people,what their society held precious, what they aspired to, and what they loved. So what do our homes say about our culture? HHHMMMM? Thoughts to ponder.

Lastly, is there anything in the world as refreshing as a cool swimming pool on a hot Texas summer day? I don't think so!

Happy Summer!

0 comments: