Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unplugged

It is with great fear and trembling that I write this. My kids have challenged me to turn the computer off for one week. Yes, 7 days. No e-mail, on-line bill paying, on-line shopping, Craigslist, Facebook, or Bejeweled blitz. And no blogging. Not just internet...no computer. No typing. Nothing. Nada. YIKES!
It's not that I am letting my kids boss me around. It's something I have been thinking about quite a bit lately. And I can do this. Right?
I actually look forward to everything I will get done when I'm not here reading and clicking away. But I have become so dependent on this thing that I'm wondering how long the desire to do this will last. I'm gonna have to use the phonebook if I need a number. I am quickly printing my I-cal calendar so I will not forget everything.
7 days.
Fear and trembling.
Just wait until I think up a challenge for them! :)
Well, here it goes.
1...
2....
3!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

you can do it!! I was unplugged a lot of the week last week on vacation.....course it is different when you are in the mountains vs. being at home in your everyday routine....have fun!!

Donna G said...

but you can still get email on your phone....right?

I am afraid email has become the only way I communicate. I could give up the computer before my phone.

But enjoy the kids!

Mae said...

Holy cow, batman! Going w/out the computer I could do... but w/out my blackberry???? Good heavens! I hope you have enjoyed the unplugged time!