Monday, June 08, 2009

My playlist

If you have the sound on and if you are reading this today, you are hearing one of my all time favorite songs! As much as I DO NOT like the Dixie Chicks politics, I LOVE THIS VERSION!!!
I have loved this song since I sang it in my 5th grade music program at Travis Elementary Thanks Mrs Bates! The Carpenters have a great version of this song as did The Tone Rangers in the movie The Break-up. (To bad that scene didn't actually make the movie.) Kermit the frog of course was in the top 40 for many weeks in 1979 with his version. :) I bet I listened to The Muppet Movie 8-track a million times when I was Kolby's age. But this is my favorite version, probably because the Dixie Chicks make me sound better as I sing at the top of my lungs! (My kids just shake their heads and pray no friends stop by when I'm in SING mode. Wonder why? )

I have been cleaning out a lot and I have noticed I clean faster and better if I have music going. This playlist has been blaring for days. And I love every song. Some remind me of people, events, or books.... Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sharing my weird wide range of favorite songs with you on this blog. Feel free to join in... oh I'm about the belt out the chorus.....


Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound that calls
The young sailors
The Voice might be one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm supposed to be

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me!!!


Love that song! Hope you have wonderful rainbow filled day!

1 comments:

SG said...

PS if you are Edward & Bella Fan, number 18, 28 and 32 on this list remind me of their story... But really, what doesn't? :)