Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Nothin' ... but everything!

A few weeks ago TL post on her blog read "Nothing, I've got nothing"
This week I share that. Lots going on in the Grosz household. Nothing I want to blog about. Kids are cute, house is a mess, dryer is still broken, and I'm wondering what I will make for dinner tonight. But nothing blog worthy, at least nothing that isn't oversharing, or over personal, or just plain overwhelming. You ever had those days?

So I thought I would list a few things I am very thankful for today. Join me if you want. It sure helps chase away the Wednesday blahs...

1. The walk went very well and we raised at least $120,000 towards our yearly goal of $275,000. Last year at this point the walk had raised $90,000 and we hit our year goal of $250,000. THANK YOU MAE ANN AND SUSAN!!!

2. An anon commenter said some very sweet things about my cousin Nick today on an old blog post she found through a web search. Very sweet and encouraging.

3. Rhett thinks standing to go potty is the coolest thing since Shrek and is wearing "big boys" today.

4. Kolby's AR book was really way too easy for her last night! Yeah!

5. My friend Susan sent me tons of fun hand-me-downs for Rhett! I love her! I love free clothes and shoes! I love packages in the mail!

6. My husband loves me even though our house, our room and our Van could all pass for dump sites right now.

7. Rob has some interviews this week that may turn out to be just what he needs.

8. None of my loved ones are being shot at today.

9. Thousands of other peoples loved ones are fighting and being shot at to afford me the luxury of a boring Wednesday.

10. This election will be over soon.

11. The Red Sox just might take the Yankees in game 7 and the Astros still could make it to the world series. (OK , OK so I still have 1-10 and 12)

12. Though my days are sometimes blah, and my heart is sometimes low, my God is ever present. All knowing, all powerful, all loving. And I am his child. Wow!

8 comments:

Mae said...

I had lunch with my husband today.

The ladies at church in our Bible study class really show their hearts, minds and sense of humor and make me want to get closer to Him.

Tornadoes stormed through earlier this week, homes were destroyed, but thankfully, no lives were lost.

The leaves are starting to turn and the weather is starting to cool down.

Becuase Fall is moving in, I got to make (well give directions on how to make to the hubby) taco soup and enjoy some hot chocolate the other night!

Brandon just got call on his cell phone from a telemarketer, I'm thankful that it wasn't my phone that was ringing!

Tonight a sweet 8 year old will sleep in my guest room bed and ask me to stay by her side. That always makes my heart swell with joy ~ hopefully it'll last until she's 80!

Mae said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna G said...

1. I played tennis today instead of working
2. I get to teach teenage girls about boys tonight!!
3. My boss just told me again that he does not care when I take off to play tennis!
4. My family is healthy!
5. My sweet grandson rolled over on his own yesterday!
6. Planning a night out with a good friend tomorrow night!
7. I too am a child of God! I have wonderful sisters like Stephanie and Mae and Terri and Clarissa and Serena and Holli and Jenni and many many more!!

Anonymous said...

I've learned to cherish the "nothin'" days! Yesterday, I worked a career fair, went back to the health forum at the hospital, went back to the career fair, back to the hospital, Bible study with the girls, to Wal-Mart for a new phone...
Today, I'm back at the career fair, then to the hospital for the 65th anniversary celebration, then dinner with Donna... I've got a feeling some good sleep is in order! Oooh, then there's the gym at 5:15 a.m. tomorrow!!!! Where's my nothin' day?

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

too many blessings to count--you're one of em. Are you coming to Abilene?? I hope so. Call us while you're here. You, hopefully, still have my cell number. I got to see Don and Wynn Heyen this morning. That was cool. We've also spent some good time with Kyle and Camille. All my roommates are coming in with their families tomorrow. (Except for the Karen Doggett and the kids) Hainey Price is coming in tonight.It would be fun to see you. Have I convinced you yet?? Maybe something great would happen on your road trip that would be blog worthy--like vomit, car poop explosion, melt downs, etc. I won't wish that on you though. :)

Rob said...

The Red Sox did win sister. You can firm up that point on your thankful for list!!!

GREAT BLOG! I love it.

Mae said...

Still... nothing?

Anonymous said...

Come on, Girl! I know you've got SOMETHIN' by now!