Monday, October 04, 2004

Well I'm back!

The retreat was great. I feel like I am going through retreat withdrawals! For so many months the retreat has been a constant on my "to do" list... It is strange for it to be over! Actually there are still some loose ends to tie up but, for the most part, it's over. (Insert satisfied sigh here)

There is much I want to blog about but little time for blogging. Let me say two things

1. God rocks. The retreat was not what I expected (which is weird since I planned it) but it was exactly what it needed to be (which is not weird since we asked God to take it and make it what he wanted). Much, much more to share about this soon.

2 Mae Anne Hale is the sweetest person in the world! Little did she know last week when she sent my kids goody bags in the mail that they would get here at just the right time. Saturday I got the absolute saddest message on my cell phone from Kolby. She was crying and saying she really needed to talk to me. I felt awful because she had left the message the night before but because there was a storm and I no cell signal at the retreat site, I didn't get the call. So I hurriedly dialed home, slightly panicked. Kolby answered and was so happy. "Mae from your blog sent me a diary!" Yes, Mae's presents came during Mommies absence and made all feel much better! Rhett has played with his "catching plates & sticky ball" non-stop.( I have a feeling he has renamed that toy, though I didn't see the package!) Mae Ann just made their day and mine too! Hopefully we can return the favor soon! :) We love you auntie Mae! Bloggers are the best!

Must run. Today's agenda includes a 3 year check up, flu shots for all, the children's Museum, Gymboree, a dozen errands and hopefully a nap!

Blessing blog family!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

What a sweet gift! Glad your kids were able to get over their "mommy withdrawal" ! (p.s. Mae's link should be maeusa.blogspot.com)

Mae said...

You already have. Thank you ~ it's been one of those days and your sweet thanks has made me smile! Glad that Kolby & Rhett were so excited and at just the right time... maybe being a procrastinator was in my cards, huh? :)

Donna G said...

You must make plans to come next year! Saturday night when Terri and I returned to the Inn we heard singing up in the lobby and a group had gotten together after the worship time and was still singing from the "Desperate folio". I was just thinking it would be great for the bloggers who don't come with a huge church family to stay together and have some times like this. I promise though, I am through talking about it. I know how left out I feel when everyone is talking about something I know nothing about.

Sounds like you had a great time too! Have you ever thought about moving to Alabama? We need someone with your drive and organizational skills!!