Sunday, November 20, 2005

Beautiful Weekend

I was lucky enough to spend a good part of Saturday and Sunday out side with two of my most favorite things overhead, trees and a beautiful clouded sky! I love trees. I long to live in a house surrounded by tall old trees like this one. Is there anythng more beautiful than a tall tree? We have two medium size young liveoaks in the back yard that have tripled in size since we moved here almost 4 years ago. They are nowhere near the tree above , but I hope they will be someday. Don't laugh when I say I pray for them and thank God for them, because I do! We also have two in the front that have not grown an inch n three years...I pray for them too! Someday I will have big trees!

On Sunday there must have been a weak front blow through because the sky was so blue and the clouds were so pretty. We had a West Texas sky! I never realized how pretty the sky is in West Texas ( San Angelo in particular) until I moved away. But now every once in a great while Waco is treated to a sky like we had today! BEAUTIFUL!

Trees and a beautiful sky... Doesn't take much to please me!

We had a fun weekend. The kids and I went to a fun "Camping Birthday Party"on Saturday then played on the play ground near the party site for a long time after the party was over. Sunday we returned to the scene to see some friends and take some pictures. We also snagged another hour on the playground.
It was the type of weekend I live for... very fun and very relaxed!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

I love trees, too--this time of year I could watch each leaf turn a different color!
I love the skies, too--beautiful!
Glad you had such a fun weekend!

elizabeth said...

I know what you mean about the weather. I told Mom I felt like I was back in Abilene! I miss that good ole' west Texas weather but am happy to be in central Texas where it is a lot prettier!

Susan - said...

Beautiful pictures. You know I share your love of trees. Conway is blessed with many trees and in the fall the maples are gorgeous. And I swear, the sky here is so blue at this time of year.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

great pics, Steph! Praying for ya!

judy thomas said...

I'm with you Steph about trees--I can burst out with "I think that I shall never see...." at any time.
Yes, West TExas has more sky, but Tennessee has more trees. Happy Thanksgiving.