Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Highlights of our Halloween

After sharing the sadness of the last few days with you, I wanted to share all the fun things that have been happening too!

K won one of the awards for 2nd grade with her "Princess and the Pea" literary Pumpkin. She was so excited. "This is my first ever win in a contest Mom!" she squealed when I picked her up from school. I admit we were all very happy and proud. But I would have hated to judge this! It was one of the most creative contest I have ever seen! K's school librarian thought it up and had over 100 entries. You can see all the winners here (click on "our web sites", "Library", "Library events", "pumkin contest"). Ms Judy would be so proud! In other Halloween news... This is the year of the JEDI!

Can you tell we like Star Wars? The big cousins had a great time as usual. We had two Anikins, two Padme Amadalas (different dress though) one Lea, and a fairy.

The newest little members of our tribe, Kt & S3. Sweet babies!

Rt dueling with fellow star wars fans down the street. These guys were great! They dressed up and put on a show every ten minutes the whole night. When Rt saw them he turned his saber on and ran to join the battle. Rob an I laughed and laughed seeing him really try to get these big guys with his Jedi moves.

Our Neighborhood really gets into trick-or-treating! It is so fun to go to all the decorated houses. Nothing too scary...Just really fun. I love this night!

2 comments:

Beaner said...

LOVE all the Star Wars!!! BTW, when Eps.III came out last year, we were wondering why Luke or Leah didn't go to Padme's parents. I just finished watching the movie again & I noticed that they buried her with a BIG tummy - making it seem like the baby (babies) died before they were born. I hadn't caught that before. Padme's parents are walking behind the casket & I think they believe the child is dead too.

Amy S. Grant said...

Love the Princess and the Pea pumpkin/art. That's pretty impressive - I'd give it the blue ribbon too!