Monday, February 05, 2007

Dodging the weekend away

This weekend our church sponsored a dodgeball tournament that raised over $6000 for Mission Waco. Rob refereed during the Jr High and High School tournament during the day, then Saturday night he played in Adult section.
Rob with his game face.
I left the baby with my Mom (babies and balls flying through the air just don't mix) while Kolby, Rhett and I went to watch Rob's team, The Tuscan Raiders play. It was so fun! AND the guys actually won the adult division.
Hoisting up the newest Tuscan Raider, Lee, because he caught the game winning ball.
And yes, after winning a dodge ball tournament at Baylor last year, The Tuscan Raiders are now two time Champions. Don't think it hasn't gone to their heads a bit... Much to the amusement (and slight embarrassment) of their families, the guys actually wore their medals to church yesterday!!!! The Champions!
I love that they had so much fun with it! These guys always have so much fun together. We all had a great time actually, and helped a good cause at the same time! So the pressure is on for next year! Can they three-peat???

In other news, it was Baby Sunday at church yesterday. Ella Kate did pretty well during the part where we stood in front of the church during the prayer. She smiled, flirted, ate my hair and pulled at her sisters, but no screaming or crying, so it all went well. I always love baby Sunday. It was neat to get to be a part of this one. The preacher kept refering to "these young familes." It is nice to still be called young, but it doesn't fit as well as it did when Kolby was a baby. Sadly, I left the camera in my purse Saturday night and the batteries were completely dead for Sunday morning, so I didn't get any Baby Sunday pictures! I plan on faking some as soon as I get the old batteries charged, or get new batteries.

And then there was some football game on TV last night... We went over to some friends to watch for a hour or so but left before it was over. We had a great time but I can't tell you much about the game. I'm happy for the Colts and sad for the Bears. Both teams are winners just for making it that far.

Yesterday it was over 60 degrees outside. It felt so nice! I have missed the sun these last gray, cold weeks. My sister, Sari is in Chicago for the Chicago Auto Show and said this morning it is negative 7 with a wind chill of negative 21 there! BBBBRRRRR! How do you guys up North live in that????

Speaking of Sari... We miss her! She has only been home for about three days since Christmas and won't be home much more than that until April. She loves her job and I am very happy she has the opportunity to travel to so many fun cities, but we do miss her. :)

Girls Scout cookies come in on Wednesday... If you didn't get to order any, Kolby is still selling! Just give us a call!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Beaner said...

Yes, it is BITTER cold here! 2 hours south of Chicago, we are cold & sad (poor Bears!) I don't know why I still live here. My kids' school was closed today because the buses couldn't start!

Amy S. Grant said...

Congrats to the Champs!!

I'm just excited for Girl Scout Cookies to finally get here. I have no self control when it comes to Thin Mints.