Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two Lives

My former life ...









My life now ...


Do I miss my former life? Not really, but maybe just a little bit this week. Sari is at the Chicago Auto Show this week/month. They now have live web cams so you can see the auto show live. Rhett and I have had fun finding Aunt Sari with the web cam.


Sari this morning from the show floor.

Seeing it live that way...well, I do sorta miss the excitement, the travel, the hotels, the press days, dressing in suits that cost more than my house payment, talking about adult things all day, going out to dinner... In many ways it was a fun life. But I can't imagine doing it again! I can't miss weeks at a time with my family for a silly old auto show! I would cry all the time. Still, as the baby spits up all over me and Iam surrounded by laundry, messes and a million things to do...sometimes the auto show looks nice.

Funny how life can change so drstically in ten years. Wonder what I will be doing ten years from now??? I have a feeling I will be looking back at the kids pictures and wondering how my baby, five year old, and 8 year old turned into a 10 year old, 15 year old, and 18 year old!!!! I'm pretty sure I will have no regrets about staying home these years, despite the lack of glamor and the surplus of laundry and spit-up. Though I can't say this "stay-home Mom life" is easy, I know in my heart that when I'm 80 I will look back and these will be the sweetest days of all! That makes me want to savor each day more.

Have a great week in whatever stage of life you are living!

4 comments:

Donna G said...

It must really be a little dejavu-ish since your sister looks like you!

That could be you standing there!

Anonymous said...

Pretty short skirt you were wearing "back then."

Susan

Jacinda said...

I agree-being a stay at home is the only job I want to be doing right now. The days go by too quickly!

Amy S. Grant said...

I love seeing the pictures of you in your racy cars! :)

And I can relate to everything you said in this post. We really will look back on this time thankful for the choices we've made to be home with our children.