Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dreams

In the last few nights I have ...

...Given birth to a 9lb. 7 oz baby girl who accidently "slipped out" during a monthly doctors check up. She was born dressed in a pink dress and bonnet and I begged the doctor to put her back in so Rob wouldn't miss her birth. Seems he was playing golf and counldn't be reached.

...Tried to kill a crazy senior citizen who kept saying she would kill me and eat my kids if I didn't kill her first. I tried many methods to no avail.

...Fallen asleep by the side of a river and been swept away by a sudden flash flood to a country where I knew no one and they could not understand a word I said though I knew exactly what they were saying.

...Visited a friend from high school in her new home and discovered she had a blue tiled bathroom that had two twin double decker bath tubs and showers combinations and lots of strangers were bathing in her house.

....Rescued my children from being swept away while they were driving down the street in front of the house I grew up in a silver ride-on truck in the middle of sudden flash flood. (Have I metioned we are in the midst of a drought?)

... Married the wrong guy becasue I thought he was Rob and spent the rest of the night trying to convince Rob and all our friends that it was an accident and I wanted an annulment so I could marry Rob.

... Lived naked on the roof.

... Eaten all the food for Kolby's school's winter dinner on accident (they are expecting a record 350 people) but couldn't fit in the van to drive to Outback to get more because I was too big from eating all the food.

Of course they were all dreams. Prego dreams. Crazy prego dreams! I have had them every pregnancy, but I think this time they have hit a new level of oddness and terror. Yet still, though I know I will toss an turn in turmoil all night , I am so tired I can't wait for my head to hit the pillow.

I wonder how the people of the Bible knew God was talking to them in their dreams. I might have just thought it was bad olive oil or sour fruit or something if he had come to me in a dream.

Well that is as deep as it gets today folks! Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

Beaner said...

Wow - reading about dreams on a friend's blog too - like I said on hers "I'm just glad God doesn't hold my dreams against me!"

Susan - said...

Wow, that is funny. A girl, huh? Were your dreams right before? Mine never were.

Donna G said...

Girl, stop eating at night!

I love the born in a bonnet dream.

elizabeth said...

Every pregnancy, I dreamed that I went back to college pregnant. I even went through Rush pregnant. Crazy!

I also dreamed that I left the babies home or forgot them in the hospital.

I guess your mind has to figure out what to do in worst case scenerios!

MDM said...

Most things I read do not have me laughing out loud, but that did!! Too funny..glad they are recorded.

Jacinda said...

When I was pregnant with Gracie, I dreamed I put her in the trunk of the car in a parking garage and went shopping. While shopping, I realized what I'd done and freaked out!

Mae said...

MAN!!! IF only Freud could get his hands on this!!! Those crazy dreams... aren't you glad to wake up and check to see that all is well? :)

mom23 said...

While pregnant with Chloe, I dreamed I had put her in my back pocket and accidentally sat on her.

When pregnant with Cassie, I had a series of dreams in which I was a cast member on various different sitcoms - one I hadn't even seen!

Preggo dreams are one of the very few things I miss about being pregnant. Thanks so much for sharing these!!