Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Heartbeat

My Mom went with me to my doctors appointment today. Dr R said everything looks good and I have again lost a few pounds. I guess being sick and nauseated over the holidays does have a perk! We also heard the heartbeat. I love that sound! There really is a little someone way down in there somewhere! AMAZING! I think Rob is a little sad he missed it, but since this was his first morning back at work since the 22, I didn't want him to have to leave for a doctors appointment. There will be many, many more appointments for Rob to go to. It was fun to have my Mom there and to introduce her to Dr. R. He is a great man and Doctor.

We talked a bit today about pregnancies after miscarriages. Dr R said it is always normal for pregnant women to worry because the emotional and perhaps hormonal side often overtakes the logical side. Having a misscarriage just adds a whole lot of education and therefore fuel to the natural worry every mother feels. I know that, but it is nice to have a doctor who understands. He also said that all I can to do is take care of myself, live as healthy as I can, and then give it to God. I knew that too, but again, it was good to hear my Doctor say it! Dr R even said if I get nervous I am welcome to call and swing by to hear the heartbeat. I doubt I will because I am actually feeling pretty good about things, but it is nice to know that I can! :)

So far I really like 2006!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that little heart beats for many years to come!Just think - he could see the year 2100!

Beaner said...

It's just nice to be reassured sometimes! I think if I was given a choice, I would be listening to the heartbeat EVERY DAY! There's nothing like it!

Donna G said...

Nothing makes us feel more optimistic than the promise of new life.....

Hey wait, somebody promised us that too, didn't they?

Clarissa said...

TL -- "he"? You know something we don't?

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for a boy baby! It worked on my nephews! I didn't know I was going to have to pray three times as hard for Donna's grandbabies or they would ALL be boys!

jettybetty said...

I like Dr. R, too--he sounds great!

Mae said...

Yeah!!! I loved hearing HAH's heartbeat ~ it was so spiritually uplifting for me.

BTW, I'm thining "he" too. :)

Mae said...

I meant "thinking" ~ grrr!

SG said...

If I had to pick one right now, I would say that I'm having a girl but there is no real logic to that thought. Rob thinks it is a girl also but then again he has always thought we were having girls. Kolby is praying for a girl, but says she will be ok with a boy. Rhett says he wants a boy, but I know he would be great with another sister. I think my Mom thinks it is a girl though she won't say for sure because she doesn't like guessing... anyone else have a vibe one way or the other?